Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide Videos on iOS

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I searched the forum for some time now but I only find 'solved topics' which do not work for me (solutions and ideas were about the video format or autoplay issues in iOS):

My problem is basically that I use many mp4 (H264) slide videos in my projects (95% of the slides contain slide videos) and I tested them in every browser to be sure that my projects work everywhere.

Unfortunately the videos in my projects do not play on iOS devices (neither iPad nor iPhone, with no browser); all the other elements in the HTML5 Captivate project work. There is a fullscreen "Loading..." information which goes away after about 10 seconds and the slide is displayed, with correct timing and everything else works, beside the slide videos.

I tried to convert the video (to .mov) but Captivate tells me that i have to use mp4 videos and that Captivate itself would convert them back to mp4. Nevertheless this did not work. So I do not think that the video format is the problem.

Than I tried to use an event video; with the same effect. The video player element remains black after clicking the play button. Even if this would have worked, I really would have needed to work it as 'slide video' as autoplay and custom navigation is crucial for my projects. But I don't think autoplay is the problem, as event videos also don't work?!

I use Captivate 2019 (11.5.1.499) on a Windows 10 PC and I export the projects as scalable HTML5 files which work on every other device properly.

Is there any other idea from your side?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tested the whole issue in different projects, but the problem stays the same: iOS devices do not play any of my videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Cativate 2019 html5 projects.  Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunatly I do not have a solution yet. I reached out for Adobe Support and they could not reproduce the problem as they were using a Scorm Cloud. But I just want the videos/HTML5 projects to work on iOS without using a Scorm/LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources