Highlighted

unknown exception: ..\..\..\source\components\ziputils\CPInternalZipUtils.cpp716

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated to Captivate 2019 (most current update) and am experiencing difficulties in saving/conversion of older (.cptx) files. The file opens correctly, but upon saving as a different file name, locks. (on Windows 10 PRO, 64 bit).

This error is received when the application locks up, and clicking on it only brings the same error up over and over again:

Unknown Exception: ..\..\..\source\components\ziputils\CPInternalZipUtils.cpp716

In addition werfault.exe is seen as being problematic by my anti-virus. An alert tho this effect pops up after forced closing out of my locked Captivate 2019 application. werfault my only be error reporting after the hung app is closed, but may be connected.

Has anyone experienced something similar, and if so, have you been successful at a remedy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

unknown exception: ..\..\..\source\components\ziputils\CPInternalZipUtils.cpp716

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated to Captivate 2019 (most current update) and am experiencing difficulties in saving/conversion of older (.cptx) files. The file opens correctly, but upon saving as a different file name, locks. (on Windows 10 PRO, 64 bit).

This error is received when the application locks up, and clicking on it only brings the same error up over and over again:

Unknown Exception: ..\..\..\source\components\ziputils\CPInternalZipUtils.cpp716

In addition werfault.exe is seen as being problematic by my anti-virus. An alert tho this effect pops up after forced closing out of my locked Captivate 2019 application. werfault my only be error reporting after the hung app is closed, but may be connected.

Has anyone experienced something similar, and if so, have you been successful at a remedy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I would try...

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\utils

Double click on CleanPreferencesWin.bat

This will reset your installation of Adobe Captivate back to its initial installed preferences (you will lose any settings).

Also...

The file werfault.exe is part of the Windows operating system, specifically to report Windows errors back to Microsoft. I'm not a software engineer but it's possible you have corrupt Windows system files. Here are my steps to checking and correcting for this.

Open a command prompt with administrator rights and type or copy and paste each line below and hit enter. Wait for each step to complete and then copy and paste the next line and so on. Don't worry if there is nothing wrong with Windows. This is non-destructive and if there is nothing wrong with your PC these steps won't harm your computer.

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

chkdsk /scan

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2019 0