• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated: Having Trouble Saving Adobe Captivate Files on Microsoft Windows?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - Saturday, March 13th, 2021 10:30 AM PST

Adobe Engineers have identified the underlying issue which was related to the management of assets in the Asset Panel. This is not the same issue that was identified related to the Microsoft Windows Update on Tuesday, though it may have presented similar error messages.

On Friday, our asset team added a substantial set of additional sounds to the Asset library. A dormant bug in the Adobe Captivate code related to file management was triggered by the substantial number of additional assets.  We are rolling back the additional assets for the moment, to restore functionality as quickly as possible, and are simultaneously working on an update that will remove the file management bug from Captivate.

From a user perspective, this will mean that:
  1. Those new sound files will not be available for a little while longer. 
  2. Captivate will simply start working again as it did before, with no action required on your part.
  3. If you installed / tested the hotfix, you don't need to do anything, you may leave the fix in place.

Now that we are aware of the issue, our engineers are working on the file management solution. We appreciate your patience in this matter and want to thank the many users who aided in testing the updates.

Update - March 13th, 2021.  Early

Thanks for your patience while the engineers were working on fixing the issue. We have been able to isolate the issue and a hot fix is working in our internal test environments. We are going through additional testing cycles to ensure no new problems are introduced by the fix.

If you would like to help us test this fix, please reach out to us at captivateHelp@adobe.com using the SUBJECT: HOTFIX TEST VOLUNTEER and we will send you the hotfix along with installation instructions and a set of criterion to evaluate (largely checking all file open, save and create operations, watching for signs of failure or lag.)

Please continue watching this space for updates, and thank you all again for your patience.

On Tuesday March 9th Adobe Captivate users began reporting problems with file save and file creation operations in Adobe Captivate. These were soon joined by several other issues including problems with video and images. This morning, March 12, 2021 the issues reappeared.

Adobe engineers have been working to diagnose the exact cause of the incidents and are making some progress tracing the various issues. While we await a fix for the problem, the engineering team has found that working offline (turning off your wifi or Internet access, or physically disconnecting from the Internet) is a reliable temporary solution to the errors. We recognize that this is not a workable long-term solution but wanted to provide users with an option that may help them complete active projects while a comprehensive solution is found.

Engineers are working the problem now and as soon as we have a comprehensive solution, we will share it with the community here. We are also doing a deep investigation of the root cause of the disruption and will update community on our discovery and on plans to prevent any similar outages in the future once that investigation is complete.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, so when will a resolution happen?  Will it get pushed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan,

Engineering is still working to identify the problem and provide a method or mechanism to fix the problem. This is an unusual circumstance in that it 'appeared' without any changes to Captivate, so we don't know yet what they are going to discover or how the solution might be deployed - but we will find a solution and report that back here, on the eLearning Community and in all available channels. The team is working on this night and day, so as soon as we've got a fix / or solution we will provide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a TON of work lately. Just noticed this when trying to save. I cannot find any cached projects or anything recent. Should I leave Captivate open until the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It forced closed and I can't find any kind of backup. I was able to save the project (HTML5). Any way to re-import this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here.  I have been on a wild tear doing screen rcording and voice-overs for software tutorials for three solid weeks (45 tutorials) and it was all good yesterday.  Today is is as described in these posts with an error in CPInternalZipUtils.ccp716 and also Adobe Captivate could not open "Course name.cptx" ensure that....   I am not in that course at all and have not touched that today.  In fact, nothing I am working on is a CPTX import of any kind.

I have reinstalled from the download.

I cleared the cache, reset the parameters with the Utility, etc.

I run Norton Internet Security and disabled that fro 15 minutes, no help.

I know this is front and center at Adobe and I appreciate the panic-dive into this.  Mission critical work is coming my way in about 9 days and I hope for an answer before then.

Error2.png

Error1.png

  

Joe Caplan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that does not work, are there other solutions/work arounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far going offline is the only solution I'm aware of that has been recommended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for mi last time, but now the issue doesn't go 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for this? I have a project that I have been working on for over a month and almost done...then this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this error pop up on Wednesday night and the advice on th forum was to disconnect from the internet and save/publish. I did that and it worked for me, so maybe give thata try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet kkey - though I'll update this post as soon as we have one. For now, try disconnecting from the Internet while working in Captivate. We know that this is at best a short-term fix, but at least it should allow you to save and publish your content right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear - it seems to be more successful if you close out of Captivate completely or start with a fresh reboot and disconnect from the network PRIOR to launching Captivate.

I, too, was affected by this for the first time today.

I found that if I simply disconnect while still in the program - it was not good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, too.  But it is challenging to work like this.  Hope they fix it soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats exectly what I had to do and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you do this if it won't save your project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful. Captivate is not saving any backups. So if you close your project you are (presumably) in a tough spot. This happened when my Captivate forced closed, no backup to be found. So much work gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on an earlier version of captivate 2019, which I can not determine now because Captivate will not load at all.  It starts up and shows a screen attempting to connect and verify my subscription (which is current) then loads the green captivate start screen, then repeats this over and over.  This happens when connected to the internet. If I disconnect, it tells me my trial period is over and I have to subscribe.

Online or offline, I con not load captivate at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing that Chris.  Are you able to wait until after Captivate launches to disconnect? It shouldn't check for your license status once launched.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried that also. I launch it, it goes through that loop, I disconnect and then I am presented with my subscription expired and all I can do is quit.

This is after all windows updates are installed and I have rebooted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is stilla problem for me. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling.  Captivate will not start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Can you email us directly at captivateHelp@adobe.com?  We can set a phone call to have someone walk you through the launch problem and solve it.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked with Adobe support this afternoon and my problem is resolved.

Thank you all very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources