Using Multiple Click Boxes for Multiple Correct Options

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Captivate (received the software last week) and have been asked to modify a project in Captivate 2019 (11.5.5.553).

The project simulates sofware using click boxes which have points assigned. Some of the slides have 2 click boxes because there are 2 different ways to reach the next window. If the user clicks either one, they receive credit and they move to the next slide. The problem is that since each box is assigned a point, when they are finished training, their score reflects boxes that were not click, which can sometime cause a failing score.

I’m trying to see if it is possible for them to receive a point for one, but not get penalized for the other. I have tried using Advanced Interactions to adjust Points, Add to Total, Include in Quiz, and Report Answer settings, but haven't found a combination that works. 

I found the following post from 2008 saying it was not possible, and wanted to know if that was still the case: https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/multiple-click-boxes-on-one-slide/td-p/446200?page=1.

Thanks, 

Jannel

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the information here: https://widgetking.github.io/cpextra/variables/command.html#xcmndscore

It describes how to dynamically alter the score of an interactive object (e.g. a click box).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would strongly recommend cpExtra widget, or you will need to use JS to adjust the scores.

Advanced Interaction panel only reflects what has been defined. If the quizzing system variables are 'static' as is the case for all assessments without the feature Branch aware, there is no other way to edit a final score or percentage. A tweak could be to lower the pass score and to create a custom results page. But what will be transferred to the LMS will always be the values of the quizzing system variables.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @RodWard and @Lilybiri for your quick responses! I was really hoping there was a setting in Captivate that I was just overlooking.

I am on a tight deadline, so I decided not to include the click boxes in the quiz for this training. But I will definitely check out the information and widget when I have more time, because we do want to be able to capture that the user did perform the click. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines