• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable Audio Speed Options?

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client has requested a feature that would involve learners being able to change the playback speed of the audio narration on either a per-slide basis or for the course module overall. For example, being able to select different audio speeds from a drop-down menu (perhaps at 1x, 2x, 3x speed options). Is this possible to set up in Captivate?

It's worth mentioning that the type of audio (neospeech captivate voices vs. narration by a real human) has not yet been deliberated upon. I know that there are ways to control the text-to-speech audio speeds using vtml tags, but I'm looking for something that a learner could potentially interact with and use to progress through the module at their own pace.

Note: I am building a responsive project using Captivate 2019

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are in the realm of javascript and your capability to program yourself or use someone with that skill set.

Check out  https://www.w3schools.com/Tags/av_prop_playbackrate.asp

This may be what you are after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources