• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Import Illustrator 2020 Files to Adobe Character Animator

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys! Since the update yesterday, I am having trouble importing Ai (Adobe Illustrator 2020) files into Character Animator. It works fine if I save the file as an older ai version! Anyone else experiencing this problem? 

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Contributor , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

The team are Adobe aware of this and offer a workaround here;

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/kb/known-issues.html

Hopefully fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

In the meantime, you can just save your work as an older version ( Illustrator CC (Legacy)). You can choose an older version in a dialog box that appears after you click save as and select the location you want to save in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - same issue for me on mac. Error opening Illustrator file (64)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team are Adobe aware of this and offer a workaround here;

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/kb/known-issues.html

Hopefully fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear it will be fixed soon. In the meantime how could I back to illustrator 2019 I have now the version 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, you can just save your work as an older version ( Illustrator CC (Legacy)). You can choose an older version in a dialog box that appears after you click save as and select the location you want to save in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have managed to install the old Ai version 2019 by going to creactive cloud and clicking on more and choosing old version. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get around the import being consolidated to a single layer? #frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - just checking to see if there is an update on when this issue may get resolved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. Problem still not solved. It is already the 19th of November. Come on Adobe. Its a bit frustrating. Such a bug should have been observed before release!

Joop Luten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have the save problem, when I import an illustrator file with multiple layers, animate closed him-self

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines