• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator 3.2 crashes whenever I do anything

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first time using Character Animator, so I am a complete beginner. I'm also VERY not tech savy so please take that into account as well.

I recently bought and installed Character Animator 3.2. The application boots up fine, and I can open a new project, but the program crashes as soon as I try to

1. Import a file (I tried a .psd template from adobe stock)

2. Refresh my camera

3. Sometimes right after I click "new project".

Thanks for your help with this, I've searched all over the internet and haven't found a solution yet. I have attached a couple videos to this post.

TOPICS
Bugs , Camera , Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My iPad does not view the video files sorry. What OS are you running? And how much memory do you have? My first guess is it is running out of memory maybe? The fact that it starts up indicates the code basically works (so everything is installed).

I do vaguely remember some previous talk on Windows about NDVIA driver versions for the graphics card - there was a version of the drivers that caused problems. Updating the graphics card drivers fixed the problem (NDVIA released a new version of the drivers with a fix).... ah, here might have been the thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/crash-to-desktop-when-entering-rig-2-0-1-build-8-p.... If you search for NDVIA, graphics, drivers, terms like that there might be some other threads with instructures how to fix as well. Anyone who updated drivers around that time got bitten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines