• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Headless taking up too much memory

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Character Animator scene that is about an hour and a half. When loading that Ch project in After Effects, Adobe Ch Headless takes 12 GB of RAM. That's too much and causes a low memory warning in After Effects so I can only play previews that are less than 10 seconds. Is there anything I can do to make Character Animator use memory more efficiently?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you split it into multiple shorter scenes? E.g. duplicate scene and delete half the contents per scene? (I would try on a copy of the project first!) I don't know the exact reason why its using so much memory and whether this would help, but I assume you effectively did a livestream or similar. Its the best I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, yes, it's a long podcast. There's no cuts but I guess I can try splitting it in the middle where there is some silence. If only Character Animator would manage memory more effectively on its own 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that's a long time, and basically CH dynamic link has to render every frame before it will preview in AE/PR. Splitting up into smaller scenes or temporarily turning off some behaviors would help, or trying File > Export PNG sequence and WAV should go faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines