• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing Upon Entering Rig Mode

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with the program crashing every time I try and enter Rig mode.

First, I imported my character after tweaking the blank template (Illustrator), and added it to a new scene. If I click the Rig tab on the top bar, or double click the puppet to enter Rig mode, the app closes. No crash report, nothing. . .

Upon re-opening Character Animator, it of course creates a new project (I find this quite annoying, is there anyway to stop that?) and I can re-open the project with my previously imported character. The same thing occurs when navigating away from the Record mode. I can go to Start, Stream (even though i don't intend to use it), and back to Record mode, but Rig seems to always crash.

I have uninstalled Character Animator and reinstalled from the Creative Cloud launcher to ensure most recent version.

Windows 10

intel i5 2.5 ghz

16 g RAM

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem or know of the issue I'm having? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Do you have an NVIDIA graphics card? It might be the bug cited in the below post.

FAQ: Why is Character Animator crashing when switching between workspaces?

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is the artwork file? (Just in case running out of memory)

There is a “refresh” button at bottom of scene (two arrows in circle) - could try that to see if it clears up some problem.

Can you share the project? dtull-adobe​ often likes looking into such projects to try and spot the problem in the code base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an NVIDIA graphics card? It might be the bug cited in the below post.

FAQ: Why is Character Animator crashing when switching between workspaces?

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is potentially the culprit

updating gforce experience and then drivers, will update will my findings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updating graphics drivers appears to have worked! thank you DT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, glad it worked! We were super glad when our contacts at NVIDIA were able to get that issue fixed. I'm looking forward to the day when the crash reports for it dwindle and its just a memory.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines