• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dragger handles not working

Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!!! Wierd question.... I was practicing dragging my characters hands and they work great! But When I click on record they all of a sudden can't be clicked on. It wont let me do anything with them. They red light is on so it's not that.

Any ideas????

Thank you!!!!

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Thanks, that worked to reproduce the problem. Turned out to be a bit subtle: your puppet has three views, but only the Standing view has Draggable wrists. When stopped, you were seeing the Standing view, so dragging the wrists worked. When recording the Walk behavior was triggering the Left Profile view*, which has nothing draggable.

I figured this out by turning off the eyeball for all the behaviors except Dragger and then turned them on one-by-one to see when the problem started.

Easy fix: jus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red light has to be on for three things:
1) the track item (left side of the timline)

2) the Dragger behavior in the Properties panel

3) Dragger’s Mouse & Touch Input parameter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they are all checked right?

2020-07-21_08-18-28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are all enabled correctly there. Next thing to check: in the puppet panel look to see what Target Handles the Dragger behavior can "see":

CoSA_DaveS_0-1595530161717.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I didn't see anything under behaviors specifically so I added one but I'm still getting the same thing....

2020-07-23_15-30-58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any ideas?? Adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share what the behaviors are on the Eliza and Body layers? There is the little lego block there. See how your screenshot of the dragger handle path did not include Eliza? I am wondering if you have added two dragger behaviors, and one is overriding/intercepting the other. In particular, the behavior on the Eliza level I suspect is a Dragger behavior causing problems. You generally only need one on a puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

I deleted the extra one, and now I have this:

2020-07-23_16-42-03.png

Which looks right to me (is this the screenshot you were asking for?) but it still freezes when I click record....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Could you export the puppet (from the menus), create a new fresh project, import the puppet, and see what happens?

If that does not work, are you able to ZIP up the whole directory for this new project and put on Google Drive or similar? I can then try on my computer. (Using a new project will help reduce the ZIP file size as the project keeps a history inside.)

(What I am going to do is try to repeat, then delete half the puppet, see what happens, repeat etc. Sometimes that gives a clue if it suddenly starts working after an arm is deleted etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for all the time you have put into this!

I tried exporting an importing into a new project but got the same thing... 

But I have a zipped file for you!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O8sr2YIBDT2Sn0yl-BQfj1ZVUDpacw18/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so much again for your time and helping me, troubleshooting is a whole other beast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked to reproduce the problem. Turned out to be a bit subtle: your puppet has three views, but only the Standing view has Draggable wrists. When stopped, you were seeing the Standing view, so dragging the wrists worked. When recording the Walk behavior was triggering the Left Profile view*, which has nothing draggable.

I figured this out by turning off the eyeball for all the behaviors except Dragger and then turned them on one-by-one to see when the problem started.

Easy fix: just tag the left & right wrist handles in the Left & Right Profile views with the Draggable tag.

*I think this is a bug because you have no Walk Position keyframes so it should stay on the Standing view; in any case it doesn't happen if you turn off the keyframe stopwatch, or have actual changing keyframe values

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that worked perfectly!!!! Thank you to you both for spending the time to help me!!! I figured it was something small but I didn't know where. You boht are awesome!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see now there are actually keyframes on position but in the part of the timeline I was looking at it was walking VERY slowly, which is why it turned to the profile view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea... I have the key frames that way because I wanted her to walk to a point, stay there for a while, walk back to the middle, staty there for awhile, etc. I found that I needed to put the key frames that way otherwise she would walk from one point to the other VERY slowly not stay there until the next one was present. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not download the file - the linke provided has not been made public sorry. You need to change the "Share" settings for the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines