• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting the "selected camera is unavailable" message for my webcam in Character Animator

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the "selected camera is unavailable" when trying to use my webcam to animate the face of my puppet.

When I switch to the camera in the Camera & Microphone panel, the activity light on the webcam turns on and off for a brief moment and then stays off. It's like CA is triyng to connect to it but them stops.

I've spent the past 2 hours trying to debug this 😞 Any help would be appreciated. I've tried the following steps already after much research:

• Logitech c920 webcam
  • Windows 10
  • I have another camera on the computer (Elgato HDMI stream) but it is not turned on
  • The Logitch c920 camera works in other applications
  • I have turned off all other applicatiions that might use it (Skype, OBS, Discord etc.) 
  • Tried uninstalling and reinstalling camera drivers
TOPICS
Bugs , Camera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you are having trouble!  The c920 is a camera we have tested with extensively and should be working for you.

Can you tell me a bit more about your setup?

* Which version of Character Animator are you using?

* Is the camera connected through a USB hub or directly to the PC?

* Have you tried disconnecting the Elgato completely?  Sometimes USB devices remain active even when "off"

* What is the version and date for the Logitech driver you have installed?  

-G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geroffrey, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Answers to your question below.

• Which version of Character Animator are you using?
  • Is the camera connected through a USB hub or directly to the PC?
    • USB Hub
  • Have you tried disconnecting the Elgato completely?  Sometimes USB devices remain active even when "off"
    • Not yet, but can try. Would prefer not to though (having to plug and unplug things behind my computer would be super cumbersome
  • What is the version and date for the Logitech driver you have installed?  
    • Version: 1.3.89.0
    • Date: 24/10/2018

Other programs can use the c920 without issue; e.g. Logitech Capture, OBS (on a low frame rate)

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Same 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having exactly the same issue and I'm seeing that from 2019 the Adobe tech team has been working on it and I see still no answer. How much do we have to pay to get some help?

Why C920, one of the cameras in the market, is still not working in CA, please?
HOW TO FIX IT, PLEASE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might help, this user was able to find a solution: https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator-archive/no-video-in-character-animator-with-logite...

I've also seen that the audio sample rate might be too low, try disabling the audio and see if that helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator-discussions/sample-rate-is-not-supported-by-the-cu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines