Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Libgit2 error when creating a new project on an external drive

Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can create a new project my C drive. Etc. Desktop or C:\Users\name\Documents\Adobe\Character Animator\

But, if I try to create a new project on my external drive I get this error. (see attached)

It creates the project on the drive and tries to open it. But can't.

Any help?

Jakob

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything unusual about the formatting or permissions settings of that external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. I don't think so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found an external drive that reproduces this "attempt to reinitialize" error, which allowed us to determine the problem. It was caused by a bug in an updated 3rd-party component that we incorporated in version 23.0. Until we ship an updated version (which will first appear in the Beta), the workaround is to save on a drive that doesn’t trigger the problem, or revert back to using Character Animator 22.5. Sorry about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thanks. Great! Yes, I'm already following that approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines