• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My webcam wont appear in Character Animator

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased a Logitech C525 webcam - and there is NO video in the Character Animator. I can see the audio levels move if I make a noise, however, cannot see any video whatsoever.

I have installed all the latest drivers - it appears to work elsewhere, just not in Adobe Character Animator.

I have tried switching to Next Camera, default camera, reinstalled drivers, Logitech drivers, Microsoft drivers etc... all to no avail.

Adobe Character Animator (Preview).png

TOPICS
Bugs , Camera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

All good pc was doing an update have rebooted and all works fine

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the following?

1. Press Ctrl+F12 to open the Console panel.

2. Choose the Switch to Default Camera command from the Camera & Microphone panel.

3. Wait a few seconds, then choose Switch to Next Camera.

What does the Console panel show when you choose each command?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good pc was doing an update have rebooted and all works fine

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instruction:

Can you try the following?

1. Press Ctrl+F12 to open the Console panel.

So the console panel opend, but I could not find :2. Choose the Switch to Default Camera command from the Camera & Microphone panel.

3. Wait a few seconds, then choose Switch to Next Camera.

I don't know what to do!!! the webcam is working in other programs like skype but not in character animation. that really is a pity for me. Please help me out. Yv@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, are you using the latest version of Character Animator? It should say "Version 2.0.1" in the menu bar. If not, try updating to it via the Creative Cloud application. Be sure you're not using the Beta version of the app.

In Version 2.0, we updated the camera detection system so that it'd show a list of available cameras in the Camera & Microphone panel menu -- no Switch to Default/Next Camera commands anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I  have similar problem. I did what you was recommended and there is below information:

<1832> <dvalua> <5> trying to switch from cam 0 to cam 0

<1832> <dvalua> <5> trying to switch from cam 0 to cam 0

Do you know what is problem. I have Ps3 Eye but I can see audio levels and also in another program video

but in Character Animator not:( - only audio. What can do?.

Dawid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dawid... PS3 Eye cameras don't seem to be supported at this time, sorry. Do you have another USB webcam that you can use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I do everything, I even changed Windows, but in the program, the camera is unavailable and the camera light turns on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same problem.  It work before but know it does not anymore.  Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you start a new forum thread with details about your camera configuration (if different than PS3 Eye camera), OS version, etc. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI got it sorted thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm using my iphone6 as a wireless webcam and i have same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, same problem. I´ve tried epocCam, DVR.Webcam, MiniWebcam and iVCam for my iPhone as webcam. They appear on the desktop but in CH I won´t see nothing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phone cameras are not currently supported. We recommend getting a USB webcam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are phone webcams still not supported? I have iPhone/Desktop webcam app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge phone cameras are still not natively supported. There may be workarounds with third party tools to trick your computer into thinking it's a webcam, but I've never tried them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would like a workaround for this. are there any third party tools to trick my computer? (currently using Droidcam client on pc and the app on phone connected via USB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there ANY webcam that both works with Windows 10 AND Character Animator? MS Lifecam is not it, i just went through a three hour nightmare with Microsoft!! PLEASE tell me that there's something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which specific Lifecam model were you trying to use?

I'm assuming it works fine with the Camera app built into Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An image shows up with the Camera app, but it will not record video. All the info I've found so far says that current Windows drivers are needed to do this. It's not going to work for me if it can't record video. There are no Windows 10 drivers anywhere for the MS Lifecam Studio even though it literally says in print on the back of the box that it's supposed to work with Windows 10., I spent almost an hour on the phone with Microsoft and was transferred to literally 9 different people before being hung up on. I am returning this thing to Amazon.  Is there ANY webcam that simply works with Windows 10 out of the box and also works with Character Animator??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm away from my work machine, but I believe I have a Lifecam Studio (or some version of it) on my Win 10 (Version 1803) machine. I didn't install any of the software that came with it, just used whatever Microsoft driver was autodetected for use with it. Did you install any special software for it?

I found this page with posts are some issues with the webcam and Windows 10:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/where-are-drivers-for-li...

Where are drivers for Lifecam Studio for Windows 10? - Microsoft Community

Have you already tried those suggestions, such as removing any software that might come with the webcam and instead using whatever Windows applies for it? Just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have suggested to use Phone as a webcam (because my camera at laptop is much worse than my phone), but I don't see them implementing it soon (probably 2 years or never?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has there been any update on phone support. Im trying to use my Iphone 13 for a webcam on CH AN version 23 using elgato virtual camera and im seing Selected camera not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the opposite problem. I have a video but no audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Please Help I use Adobe Charcter Animator and my webcam(USB_2.0_WEBCAM) it is not appearing and told me "Selected Camera Unavailable" . Help.

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines