• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nutcracker Jaw Can you set a limit to it's movement?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I built a puppet from scratch with multiple pieces. It has a nutcracker jaw that is covering up teeth underneath and it drops down to expose them. I cannot find any way to have a limit on how far the jaw flaps open. I can set the audio flappyness down so that when the peak is hit it will only open so far, but then it will barely open otherwise. So is there a way I can actually put a limit to how far it can open so I just crank the flappyness up and not worry about it going out of bounds?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Unfortunately there is currently no option to limit that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any way within the nutcracker behavior to limit the maximum. But there is another behavior that responds to audio volume -- the layer picker, and this does have a limit on the response. So there might be a way to use layer picker instead of nutcracker jaw, or even both of them. I'm going to give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit I had this flash of an image in my head of restricting the jaw movements was something like Google Image Result for http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/DSCF3083.jpg

if the software can’t do it, apply restriction to human!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is currently no option to limit that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here is an example of the jaw with five position layers responding to the layer picker. The beginning part has audio sensitivity of 100%. The last part has sensitivity of 2000%, but always stops at the final layer.

JawPicker.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose that would work, although to make it look smooth like the Nutcracker I would have to set a little more than five layers. I just would've figured they'd have an option like they do with the pupils to lock it with in a confined area. Maybe it's something that will be added some day but this will work for me for now. Thanks it is a workaround that might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one other way I tried, without using multiple jaw position layers. I changed the Walkbot jaw by adding one max open jaw layer. Then I put the layer picker behavior at the group level, and the nutcracker just on the closed jaw layer. Now, the closed jaw responds to the nutcracker behavior, except when the audio exceeds the layer picker limit, when it skips to the max jaw position.

PickerLayer.png JawPicker_003.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to try that. I think that should work the way I want it to, it's a little fiddly, but I think this could be a good workaround.Hopefully I get the grouping right for the layer picker because I am using Illustrator not Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible to add a second nutcracker Jaw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines