• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swap set transition

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have a swap set with legs that are in a sitting position and in a standing position. I could, ofcourse, rig them and drag them to animate, but they are very bendable legs, and they seem to get messed up when i try that. That's why i have made a swapset, with a standing and sitting position.

Ofcourse, with the press of a key, they switch. But i can't seem to find out if it's possible to get a transition between the two, so that it would become a smooth standing animation. I'm fairly new to the program, so there might be a better solution. I wanted to upload my file, but it says 0 bytes. 😕

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw, I did find this thread: "Transition Layers between 2 Head Swap sets" and it has kindof the same question i think. but his answer didn't help me. I couldn't find a video that explains it to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you want to use the Cycle Layers behavior. Unfortunately, I've personally never used them with a swap set, so I am uncertain how to do it. I did find this thread and it might offer some asisstance:  Solved: Swap Set & Cycle Layers - Adobe Support Community - 9432608

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to suggest trying cycle layers by themselves (no swap set). There are options to pause on a layer until you press a key again. It depends if you want to animate the legs at all, or just show static images of legs is enough.

A great source of videoes is https://okaysamurai.com/CHFAQ/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually brings up a great feature request. It would be great to beable to blend two swap states together in the timeline. It doesn't appear you are currently able to do this. My work around (which might not be ideal) would be to capture a 3-5 different poses with-in the stand up process either using swaps (may have to draw a couple more in the set) or with dragger then comp together in After Effects and add motion blur. Hope this helps in anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I've made several states of standing up and tried cycling through them, For some reason it didn;t work. They showed up as a whole or they cycle through one leg first, then the other. Might have to do with my setup, but idk how to do it correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you share screenshots of things like the rigging hierarchy (just snip from your screen and paste directly into the text area here - it inlines the images) showing your artwork hierarchy and where you put the cycle layers behaivor, as well as a copy of the cycle layers properties you set (over in the properties panel) others in the forum here might be able to make suggestions of different things to try.

Otherwise if you use "export puppet" from the menu and upload to google drive / drop box etc and add a link here, sometimes kind souls will download and make suggestions based on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines