• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency while streaming

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any options for windows yet? I've been using OBS and the chrome key filter but it doesn't look great (green outline, and I have some green in my character)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

I use transparency with OBS on Windows. No chroma key - I use the NDI plugin inside CH to stream out NDI video, which supports transparency, then an NDI source in OBS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use transparency with OBS on Windows. No chroma key - I use the NDI plugin inside CH to stream out NDI video, which supports transparency, then an NDI source in OBS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/ - have a look at the project wookie play list videoes for samples. I have not done one on OBS, but you can see the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fantastic (your project). I'll try the NDI route. I swear I d/led it but it doesn't show up in OBS. Am I supposed to still use the game capture option or an NDI option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My blank background still shows in OBS (my streaming platform) this is loaded using the game capture source though.

taco prob 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I was making sure NDI shows in CH and it does but now I got this strange error code! THE PLOT THICKENS!!! I hit OK and CH still ran as normal though, so may not be related.

taco prob 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to install the NDI plugin from the NDI site first, but here are some of the settings I have. I should have written down notes when I did it - hazy on details now.

The "NewTek NDI output" I could only select after installing the extension.

In OBS, here are my settings.

See how "NDI Source" is a different source type below? It is not display capture. I probably installed this into OBS https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-ndi-newtek-ndi%E2%84%A2-integration-into-obs-studio.528/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going a bit further sorry, here is a screen shot with it enabled in CH

OBS can then get the CH video stream - the person with transparent background is coming out of CH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, the NDI Tools I installed from the NewTek site was:

https://www.newtek.com/ndi/tools/

If you scroll down on the page it mentions Adobe CC.

The NDI stuff is for streaming video signals between programs and over network connections. So you could run CH on one machine and your game on another in theory - but have not tried that yet myself. I suppose it could help with CPU loads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats for looking into this further it appears they I have downloaded NDI correctly but for some reason its not populating within OBS. I'll have to hit up their forums as its not really a CH issue at this point. Love the videos btw I'm looking forward to having time to view more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For clarity, there are NDI Tools which includes CH support, and a separate OBS plugin for NDI support - so two things need to be installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines