• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import my puppet =( - The Photoshop file operation failed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 1: When trying to import a PSD file for a new puppet I'm working on, I get this file operation failure. 

File operation failed.jpg

Error 2: When opening another project that already has this puppet imported I get this error: 

Incorporating external edits failed for "E:\Desktop, Downloads - ASUS Laptop Migration Data\Jewels Front.psd. Auto-Sync with Artwork will be disabled.

The Photoshop file operation failed. Reason: (-128)

Error 2.jpg

The puppet in question opens fine in photoshop. I've tried duplicate the file, moving the file to another location, etc. I don't think this is a storage capacity issue. I have enough disk space (hundreds of gigs). 

Thank you

TOPICS
Bugs , Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the PSD file here or DM me a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DM sent with a link. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:

I think we narrowed this issue down to a problem with v4.2 and my CA project file. Here's what I tested:

1. I tried copying the layers from the PSD puppet file into another photoshop file. Then I tried opening that copy PSD in CA v4.2, and I still get the issue.
  2. I uninstalled v4.2 and loaded the bad project file in v4.0 and it opens without issue. I loaded the bad puppet file in v4.0 and also no issue. 
  3. I upgraded v4.0 to v4.2 and opened a new project with just the bad puppet file and no issue. 
  4. I opened a copy of the bad project file in v4.2 that no longer contains the bad puppet, and it opens fine. However, if I open the original bad project file in v4.2 and then open the bad puppet file, it throws an error. Also, anytime I try opening a new project with the bad puppet file, it also throws an error. Strange!
  5. I reverted back down again to v4.0. I made a copy of the bad project file and removed the bad puppet. I opened the copy of the bad project file and it opens without error. I loaded the bad puppet file and that loads without error.

So it seems the problem has something to do with a corrupted project file and bad puppet file in v4.2. Everything opens up fine in v4.0.

Ciao!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines