• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captcha stopped working - Giving a 404

Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched CF from using the system account to a restricted user account. I just noticed that my captcha images are not displaying (they are 404's), I thought I must have to give access to another folder (full access to web root and Coldfusion2016 folder given), however, I just switched it back to using a system account and for good measure rebooted the server, it's still not working.

Here is an example of an image that is giving a 404

https://www.kigso.com/CFFileServlet/_cf_captcha/_captcha_img5757781384502625729.png

This has been working fine for years so I'm a little lost as to what might be causing it

Can anybody help.

Thanks

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

I worked with the original poster - we found that the problem was due to blocking /CFFileServlet in IIS Request Filtering. Removing the block in request filtering fixed the problem.

--

Pete Freitag

Foundeo Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked with the original poster - we found that the problem was due to blocking /CFFileServlet in IIS Request Filtering. Removing the block in request filtering fixed the problem.

--

Pete Freitag

Foundeo Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big thanks to Pete for helping me with getting to the route of this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But notice how what you said had changed was indeed not all that had changed.

It's always important to think about all that changed  when faced with a challenge like this - - and all the more so when then putting it out there for others to help assess from afar. 🙂 Not a sermon, just a thought.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd totally forgotten I'd made that change while following a very handy lock down document that Pete had given me. Juggling too many jobs at once

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation