I recently switched CF from using the system account to a restricted user account. I just noticed that my captcha images are not displaying (they are 404's), I thought I must have to give access to another folder (full access to web root and Coldfusion2016 folder given), however, I just switched it back to using a system account and for good measure rebooted the server, it's still not working.
Here is an example of an image that is giving a 404
This has been working fine for years so I'm a little lost as to what might be causing it
Can anybody help.
I worked with the original poster - we found that the problem was due to blocking /CFFileServlet in IIS Request Filtering. Removing the block in request filtering fixed the problem.
Big thanks to Pete for helping me with getting to the route of this problem!
But notice how what you said had changed was indeed not all that had changed.
It's always important to think about all that changed when faced with a challenge like this - - and all the more so when then putting it out there for others to help assess from afar. 🙂 Not a sermon, just a thought.
I'd totally forgotten I'd made that change while following a very handy lock down document that Pete had given me. Juggling too many jobs at once