• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion (2021 release) and ColdFusion (2018 release) September updates

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are pleased to announce that we have released the updates for the following ColdFusion versions:

Note: The ColdFusion (2021 release) installers have also been refreshed with this update. The new server installers bundle Update 2 and JDK 11.0.11. The ColdFusion Add-Ons and other installers are bundled with JDK 11.0.11. The refreshed installers are available at ColdFusion downloads.

In these updates, we’ve fixed a few security bugs and some other bugs, which are mentioned in the tech notes.

These updates fix security vulnerabilities that are mentioned in the security bulletin,  APSB21-75.

In addition, Update 2 of ColdFusion 2021 features the following:

For more information, see the tech notes for ColdFusion 2021 Update 2.

The Docker images will be hosted shortly on Amazon ECR and Docker Hub.

Please update your ColdFusion versions and provide us your valuable feedback.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

We have a fix for QoQ issue for both CF2018 and CF2021. You can reach out to our team at cfsup@adobe.com if you need the fix.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to be a pain, but why do we need to reach out to support individually? Can't this be handled like any other update? Seems like that'd be easier for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Priyank Shrivastava. do you know if this fix is included in the recently released hotfix 14 for CF 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, we needed to re-apply the hotfix jar. 

I understood it not being available in a hot fix, but in a planned release you would have thought this would have been included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is not included in the recent update because the recent update is a security update and does not contain any other bug fix. It will be part of our next General update.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who may not dig down through all the comments, there are  some bugs in query of queries functionality, in both these updates.

And Adobe has a fix. To obtain it, email them at cfsup@adobe.com, as indicated a nested comment below from Adobe,

As for applying such special fixes, you may find value in a blog post I've done in the past, "How to implement a special hotfix that Adobe may give you". 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to upgrade 2021.0.01.325996 using the CFAdmin website interface and nothing happened when I clicked either "download" or "download and install". If I open F12 developer console, I see this jQuery error.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'cfhf_buildnumber')

The documentation highlighted a new installer, so I redownloaded the newCF2021u2 "Trial" installer, selected "developer" and it states that it will only install in JEE EAR/WAR mode. (I want to install it on Windows to use in combination with IIS.)  The Adobe installer states to go to https://www.adobe.com/go/cfjee_deploy for a list of supported servers and deployment instructions, but that webpage is coming up "404 Not Found" for me.

I finally followed the instructions to download the JAR and run it manually and that was successful and it's now reports v2021.0.02.328618.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is caused by the patch 12. Not an application problem. Adobe should fix the problem instead of asking people to change their applications. Just not feasible 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has fixed it, though many of us resolved it via minor changes to our code before even reporting the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, happened in too many places, big application, not feasible to make all changes and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is caused by the patch 12. 

By @KamHey

Just to clarify, @James Moberg is talking about patch 2 of CF2021, not patch 12 of CF2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bkbk, I'd assume kamhey is talking about the qof problem problem, not the hassle James hit trying to update 2021.

To be clear, for readers, the qofq problem does indeed happen (for some queries) upon applying EITHER Cf2021 update 2 OR cf2018 update 12. And Adobe offers a special hotfix for each, for now by your emailing them at cfsup@adobe.com, as Priyanka had noted.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Cheers, Charlie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - This issue was resolved by the hotfix. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie.

I applied the patch from Adobe, and we are still getting errors that we were not getting before Update 12 and the patch were installed.  "The IndexOf method was not found"

Any ideas?

Thanks!  -bg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bgordon8684 

Can you please let me know when are you getting this error? While accessing the CF Admin or application.

If it is Application, any specific code which is failing or it is loading the entire application. Same for CF Admin.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Application.

<cfif total gte ((x-1)*rows)+i>
<label>
<input type="checkbox" id="Major" name="Major" value="#thisVal#"<cfif GetThisMajors["majorID"].IndexOf(JavaCast("int",thisVal)) GTE 0> checked</cfif>>
<span class="raise2">#Trim(Majors.Major[((x-1)*rows)+i])#</span></label></cfif>

Thanks.  -bg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Either there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types or the IndexOf method is overloaded with argument types that ColdFusion cannot decipher reliably. ColdFusion found 0 methods that match the provided arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists, use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bgordon8684 and @Priyank Shrivastava. ,

There are known bugs upon installation of CF2021 Update 2 and CF2018 Update 12, for example, indexOf() and toArray(). See my post here https://community.adobe.com/t5/coldfusion-discussions/error-after-applying-cf2021-update-2-and-cf201... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @BKBK, I was aware about the issue. I was just confirming whether the issue is same or any other part of the application is broke. 

@bgordon8684 I can share the patch with you. Can you please check your DM. I have shared the details. 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a new patch that fixes the indexOf problem, or are you referring to the original patch for Update 12?

What is "DM"?

Thanks.  -bg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I sent you a private message here. You can check and send an email to me. 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did this fix get removed from hotfix 3, becuase the error came back immediately after applying the fix.

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: getColumnType() at coldfusion.sql.QueryTableMetaData.getColumnType(QueryTableMetaData.java:783

<cfquery name="retVal.currSum" dbtype="query">
SELECT rs_name,
SUM(CAST(last_count AS INTEGER)) AS last_count,
SUM(CAST(proj_amount AS DOUBLE)) AS PROJ_AMOUNT
FROM retVal.Curr
GROUP BY rs_name
</cfquery>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Slack channel yesterday:

priyank_adobe
Yesterday at 10:18 AM

This is purely security update, so any fix that you have applied ex QoQ needs to be applied again manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, gotcha, okay i re-applied hotfix hf202100-4212383.jar and that fixed things.

It would have been helpful if the Update3 install instructions noted that it would back out other previously installed hot-fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation