Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Is Adobe serious about Docker?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Needed to update my CF Addons container and went to Adobe Docker page and found out that Bintray is dead (good) but that instead of moving CF Docker files to someplace like Docker Hub - I have to manually download a .tar file?    

It's 2021? Is Adobe serious about Docker / containers and modern infrastructure????

And the best part was when I finally DID manually download the CF2018 tar file for the container image it was broken.   So frustrated with Adobe's direction lately.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

We are planning on having our Docker image both on Amazon ECR and DockerHub. Docker Hub is a work in progress we should be there very soon. On ECR we have the ColdFusion container at https://gallery.ecr.aws/adobe/coldfusion/

Regards,

Kishore

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is such great news to hear, Kishore. Thanks for sharing it. Really looking forward to the images being on Dockerhub, but in the meantime great to see that they are on ECR as well.

In fact, it's such good news that I just posted a couple of blog entries about it to help spread the news, first a brief one at the CF portal, and then an elaborated one on my own site. (There are some issues that I have identified there, both about the info offered on the ECR repos and in the docs, which I hope someone at Adobe might attend to.)

/Charlie (server troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Charlies has provided a great 'todo' list in his blog post above.  I hope Adobe addresses these issues ASAP 🙂  Everything I run these days is via Docker so it's frustrating when I have to fumble about with ColdFusion because it doesn't conform to what everyone else is doing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines