• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - My Webcam Has Stopped Working in Adobe Connect Meeting!

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using the integrated camera on this laptop with Adobe Connect Meeting (ACM) for several years with no problems, suddenly, in the past few days, it has stopped working. When I try to turn on my webcam, all I get is a black square. However, my webcam works fine with both Adobe Presenter Video Express and with   testmywebcam.com, so the problem seems to be with ACM, not with the webcam itself. (Although, just to be safe, I did uninstall my webcam and then rebooted, so it would reinstall itself). I've checked the permissions and it's set to always allow access to my company's ACM domain URL. I've tried accessing my meeting room in two different browsers (IE 11 and Chrome) and encountered the same problem in both, and also had the same problem when going into a coworkers ACM room, as well.

I checked, and my Flash Player is up to date. I'm running Adobe Connect Meeting 9.6.2 (the version my company has approved) and none of my coworkers seem to be experiencing this problem. My machine is a Lenovo T430 running Windows 7 64-bit.

At this point, I don't know what else to try, but it's imperative that I get this working soon, as I work remotely and Connect Meeting is essential to my communication with others in my company.

Thanks, in advance, for any help (and, especially, for any QUICK help)!

Laura

TOPICS
Meetings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info... ACM "sees" my integrated webcam in the camera drop-down and is set to a 4:3 aspect ratio in the Preferences dialog box. I have no other webcams/cameras attached to, or registered to, my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Add-in (does the meeting open in a browser tab or a stand along window)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response!

In IE (which is where I usually use it), it opens in a stand-alone window. In Chrome, it opened in a browser tab today (although I don't remember it doing that before, but I rarely use Chrome for that on my work computer.)

And, guess what? Just now, I tried it again in IE and it's now working fine! (It also worked once this morning, but, by the time I had my team meeting in the afternoon, it wasn't working....I'm trying to think whether it's at all possible that, for some odd reason, it was trying to open in a browser tab for my meeting -- which it's never done before in IE...hmmmm...)

So, for the sake of argument, what would have been your response to each reply? I'd like to have that info handy, in case it decides to stop cooperating again, lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(And, since it seems to work -- at least for now -- in the stand-alone window, but not the browser tab, is there a way to ensure that it will always open in a stand-alone window?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best option is to use a consistent browser (though Chrome seems to have a mind of its own about the Add-in). Otherwise, if it doesn't launch using the Add-in, there should be an option in the help menu to force it. It says Install Add-in, but it will just leverage the Add-in if it is already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

98% of the time I use IE11 on my work computer to access it and it always (I thought) launches the extra window. I only went to Chrome when I was having this problem, as a way of troubleshooting the source of the problem. But maybe, for some reason, IE wasn't launching the window and I just wasn't noticing that? I'll be interested in seeing what happens tomorrow, after my PC has been sleeping overnight.

Thanks for the screen capture of where to install the Add-in...if I have the problem again, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling that. And, again, thanks for replying so quickly -- much appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most cases the performance/reliability of the live video is better when using the Add-in. So, if you weren't using it, I'd recommend you try.

If you were using it, I'd recommend you try not using it, add ?launcher=false to the meeting URL, and see if that made a difference.

Based on that result we could look to re-install the Add-in, as something may have been corrupted, or enabling logging for the Add-in to get a look at what is happening on you computer that is causing the webcam to not work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines