• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we not spend minutes verifying every app constantly on use?

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us have paid thousands of dollars to use your software, and some of us have and continue to pay tens of thousands of dollars. Is it too much to ask that we not constantly wait for verification bars to load or jump through verification steps? Can't you check this once a month or something, you know, at the same time you process payment?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us have paid thousands of dollars to use your software,

By @J-D-F

It's not my software. I'm a volunteer and do not work for Adobe. Are you on macOS? If so, it's Gatekeeper from Apple and the intention, as I understand it, is to keep your computer safe. It started with Catalina.

More info here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

https://appletoolbox.com/why-is-macos-catalina-verifying-applications-before-i-can-open-them/

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250731084

If you are on Windows, please let us know so another volunteer can step into the thread.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't ever see a verification step for use my software.  i know verification must occur periodically, but it occus in the background on my computer(s) and should on your's, too. 

when do you see this, and how often do you see this and do you have an individual subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad wrote: i don't ever see a verification step for use my software

Are you on Windows or Mac, Keith? Gatekeeper is macOS only.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

both, but my mac os is not current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah let's make the software take LONGER to load and make you verify every time you open us.... it's as thought you don't want us to use the products... like a gym membership, take our money but provide no service....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@helen33211708fcin 

i don't ever see a verification step for use my software.  i know verification must occur periodically, but it occus in the background on my computer(s) and should on your's, too. 

when do you see this, and how often do you see this and do you have an individual subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac. Is see it in several situations. 

I have an individual account and I regularly use premier, AE, PS, IL, and Au, and sometimes some other apps as well every day, and without fail at least one or more will pop up a window to verify the account. Which means I have to wait for adobe to connect to the mothership before I can use the app, and the process is not fast. It's also mentally disruptive to have to sit an wait while you have an idea you need to drop into the app. My Mac is fully loaded, and when not waiting for the app to verify it loads fast. 

Also I teach a college class with a site license across twenty computers in a lab. Without fail the entire class has to wait for adobe to do its crap, every single class because at least 5 or 10 systems need to verify. 

Why would adobe need to verify software daily when we pay monthly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't unless something (eg, av) is corrupting licensing credentials.

for monthly paid subscriptions, non-local checks are done every 30 days. for annually paid subscriptions (eg, education subscriptions), non-local checks are done every 100 days.

a local check is not perceptible (afaik) to the user (unless that fails and triggers a non-local check).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear this, @J-D-F . Like others on this thread, I don't see a verification step when I open the apps (I'm on macOS Ventura). Would it be possible for you to share a screen recording showing the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<"moved from cc desktop ideas"> 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines