• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot remove Creative Cloud Folder from Desktop Folder

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago when I was in windows explorer I noticed a new folder right under the desktop folder named Creative Cloud Files (My email address)(Long string of digits@adobeid).  I have the standard creative cloud files folder in documents but this new one just appeared.   when I right click on it there is no option to delete and I cannot drag it into the recycle bin.  if I double click on the folder I get a error saying "Location is not Available".  I've tried changing the folder location in creative cloud settings with no luck.  I have also tried to delete it via the command promt and through the kaspersky file shredder utility with no luck.  also used the adobe cleaner tool and removed cc and reinstalled it and the problem persists.  I am having this issue on my dell laptop with windows 10 home

TOPICS
Files and libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use the iobit file remover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the iobit unlocker and it did not work.   it said the file was not locked but also failed when I tried to use it to delete the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That also did not work and after installing I got a popup ad that won't go away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never heard anyone else nmentiin ads.  did you uninstall iobit and restart your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have known during the sketchy installation when it repeatedly tried to install software that I did not want.   After a system reboot I can no longer launch Google Chrome and I can't even reinstall it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perform a system restore to a point prior to the iobit installs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already done that.   now I will wipe my drive and do a complete reinstall of windows to get rid of the Iobit issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then it's not an iobit caused problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the popup and system issues were caused right as Iobit was installed, it is an iobit issue.   malware and adware can hide in files that system restore does not modify

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's concerning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hitchhikerrob , the new folder showing up is expected as part of Creative Cloud synced files being retired. See "How does this impact me" in this article - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html. You should be able to manage that folder like you would any other. Let me ask around to figure out what's going on. We might need your help with a log file from your machine - stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You indicated in January to stay tuned for a follow-up. Have you made any progress with respect to a resolution? I too am haiving this issue and I really don't like the idea of inacessible folders that contain my email being displayed under Desktop when viewed via File Explorer just because you decided to retire a service. You claim that's to be expected, but the reality is that to an end user inaccessible/unremoveable folders containing one's personal contact information in their names is not an expectation; it's an annoyance and a privacy violation concern. 

All attempts at locating/deleting these folders result in the following error message (potentially sentive content has been blurred):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Fade2Black , there is a utility called "unpin.zip" listed on https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/remove-cc-files-folder-shortcut-navigation-panel.html that you can use to remove the folder and keep it removed. Let me know if it doesn't work.

This is a short-term fix. We're making a fix in the Creative Cloud app so this stops happening. Once that fix is available, folks won't need to download a separate utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines