• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeatedly asked to accept license agreement

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting really frustrated by having to all the time accept the license agreement when I open any of the Adobe CC products. Is anyone else having these issues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

OK. I think I found it.

1. Start the Creative Cloud app with Adminstrative privileges. Right click on its' icon and choose "Run as Administator..."

2.  Sign in

It should work now even on a reboot. Your apps should no longer ask you to accept the license and sign in.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the EULA splash every single time I open any of my CC applications even if I run as administrator. The lack of posts by Adobe staff in this thread leads me to believe it is either supposed to be this way or they have no clue why it does it. Either way, and acknowledgment by them would go a long way as far as customer service is concerned.

I don't have to sign in unless I have not signed into the CC window prior to opening the application. Didn't have this problem with CS6 and I am about annoyed enough to eat the cost of CC and revert back to CS6. Not like the CC applications are head and shoulders above prior versions. Quite the contrary actually.

**Edit** I notice that everytime I open a CC application while already working inside another one (i.e. Illustrator and Indesign) it logs me out of CC once I confirm the EULA in the most recently opened application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree with 'djlotus' more.  I have repeatedly asked the Adobe support people I have talked with to check this forum to see what people are having problems with; I have also written them asking someone to check this Forum in response to my Support Cases.  All to no avail. 

I would assume that Adobe is aware of this problem, but doesn't have a fix for it.  Let's hope someone from Adobe notices this soon and comes up with a fix FAST.  Having said that, I'm not too optimistic that this will happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe it's happening again. Everything has been working well (except for having to uninstall a few apps because they wouldn't update), then today i began to get logged out and when I log back in it asks me to register.

Please get this taken care of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had the same problem.  I joined the photography programme in early December and must have signed in at least 8 times between Christmas and today.  My internet conenction is on 24/7 so unless my ISP has issues the conenction should always be there.

How useless is this?  Heaven help anybody who uses this system to travel with and does not have full internet access.

Where on your PC (Win 7 64bit) does Adobe store your "registration" details? What are the chances of corruption of this file?

TOTAL FRUSTRATION.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same annoyances on my Macs and supports my reluctance to go with CC in the first place. I have apps on my iPhone which require that you sign in, and do so automatically, but the apps are intelligent enough to know if you don't have an internet connection and will run anyway. Is something like this beyond Adobe? Does this have anything to do paranoia after with their being hacked? Do they just want us to continually sign their aggrements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, on PC, this issue went away some time ago - apart from updates, I've not had to re-sign in. Maybe different on Mac or something to do with your install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got fed up enought to ring Adobe support and was told to delete the file "opm.db" which on a PC can be found at "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db".  No idea where it would live on a MAC.....

This file then is remade when you start CC again.  Apparently (I was told) if you have a previous trial of CC it can be corrupted and hence CC thinks you are on trial....

All I know is that it is 5 days without askingme to sign in again..... I am waiting to find out if it works or not!

Time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it happens again I'll call support to see what can be done on a Mac. But do you lose the ability to use CC at all if your internet is down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony,

No idea as the net has not been down (yet!).  If it works as advertised then you shouldn't....

I actually made a copy of the opm.db file so I have the original is case the deletion did not work as told.  I did not need to use the back up I made.

At your own risk(!!!) would it be worth searching for such file on the MAC?  Always assuming it has the same name.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea the Mac filing system is so different from PC but I tried using bits of what you used and nothing comes up. Thanks though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem in the past as well, but have not had it in quite a while.  When my problem initially started I believe it had something to do with having Photoshop 6 on my Windows based system and adding Creative Cloud.  I had to remove Photoshop 6, but even then the problem continued.  After several updates from Adobe, the problem seems to have been resolved.  Deleting the opm.db file didn't do anything to help for me either.

I hope you're able to resolve this soon.  I can appreciate what a pain it is to continually have to sign in and accept license agreements.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May have spoken too soon!  Just opened PS CC and was asked to complete registration.... at least PS opened.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After each upgrade of Muse it is also necessary to relicense the software and repeat the login data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"delete the file "opm.db" which on a PC can be found at "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db"."

Works for me! So far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having problems with being logged out of the Creative Cloud, having to constantly sign in and register, when I have been using creative cloud for more than a year.

This just came up a little bit ago when I attempted to view a PDF...

Adobe Trial Problem.JPG

Somethings gotta give here. I am wasting so much time having to log in then reopen whatever file I wanted to open in the first place. Only to have to do the same thing later.

I've even had it happen while I had a document open (it closes and the "sign-in" dialog shows up, then after I sign in again it doesn't reopen the file I had open, so I have to go and find and reopen it.

It was working for a long while but then when my annual renewal came up, it started with this crap again.

Someone should get their act together and fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I can only sympathize with you.

I had the exact same problem when I first installed CC using Photoshop. I'm assuming you have a Windows 7 64-bit system?  I had to uninstall the previously purchased licensed version of Photoshop I had on my system and even then it wasn't until several Adobe updates later that the problem seemed to be resolved.  I have to say, so far so good aside from an occasional "please register this product" notice that pops up on opening Photoshop.

Perhaps they will come out with an update soon that will resolve this issue for you as well.  Sorry I couldn't offer anything more in terms of solving this puzzling behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this situation is completely farcical.  I have just been forced to sign in again to get my software "validated" before I could open PS CC on my Win 7 64 bit system - where it has been installed since late Decmeber.  What a complete and utter waste of time - especially with the mocking statement that you get when you do validate - "enjoy your software"!  What a misnomer!

I still have PS CS6 instaleld and there is no way I wouldhave enough faith in the CC product to be able to remove it especially as I travel and don not always have access to teh internet - so much for only having to check home after 90 days!

I have removed the "opm.db" as suggested in a call to Adobe technical support - so what else is happening?

Adobe, never mind new features, just give me a product that I can trust to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that by now Adobe should have all these "bugs" figured out and the software running smoothly.  Let's hope, once again, that will come for all of us soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should have been figured out PRIOR to offering it as a paid service. I don't feel like paying for something that doesn't work as advertised. At least not full price.

Don't get me wrong, I am fully in love with Adobe's programs and innovations, I'm just annoyed they would force people to do their subscription service when it dosn't work properly.

Also, if I remember correclty; I though in the marketing hype, it said that you didn't need an internet connection to use the software. Only that you would need to log in once a month to verify your subscription. Because that seems to be a little WRONG now doesn't it?

Frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by Adobe Tech Support that you should be able to use the CC servcie for 90 days without an internet conenction.  Some hope when they told me how to "fix" the issue on the 26th January and I got booted out again today!  Two weeks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having signed in (yet again) yesterday, this morning I applied MS Windows monthly updates and I have just had to sign in to CC again before I could use PS CC.

What an absolute farce this is becoming - it makes a total mockery of the sign in comments "enjoy the software".  Never mind 90 days - now done to about 24 hours......

PS CC has now started and I now get a small box telling me to register the software - aagghhh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new WIndows 8.1 machine. Nothing on it but the standard HP crapware and Adobe. No prior betas, not even a previous CS6. Every friggin' time it starts I get this.

We shouldn't need to activate "God Mode". We shouldn't need to blow away system files. We shouldn't need to create special administrator accounts. I just want to get my work done with an off the shelf computer running the most common OS on the planet (Well at least the Windows part).

This is all on Adobe and they are doing NOTHING to resolve it for we the paying customers. I am sure the software thieves aren't having to deal with any of this BS. They are probably able to get their work done without any trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been a while to update my PC to run Win 8.1 and did a clean install of PS CC.  Yeterday it refused to work untill I signed in again and got the fatuous message "enjoy your product".

Just now it has refused to started PS CC and I had to sign in again - still a farcical situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the procedure in post 125, above, did seem to resolve the situation - tempoararily at least. The trouble with this is I have had to do it several times. In a Facebook post an Adobe employee called this a known issue appropriately named "Revert to Trial" with assurances that "... the product team is working on it."  I guess it's true that the file gets corrupted. The problem is Adobe still hasn't determined WHY the file gets corrupted. It wasn't being corrupted for the first 9 months I was using CC, then an update in mid December kicked ths off.

For now, it seems OK, but it is a workaround, not a fix. The next time I am shooting in the field without an internet connection, and CC refuses to let me work - I will get on a plane to California and delicately deliver my notebook to a place where the California sunshine don't shine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello PixbyTed,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please do not hesitate to come back to us if you have any questions.

Arnaud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines