• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Adobe Illustrator and unable to install Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have no idea how a .dmg file works. I'm running Windows 11 version 23H2, and Adobe Illustrator just tells me I need to update my system, even though there isn't an update available. I tried downloading the installer for Creative Cloud, but it just gives me a .dmg file I can't do anything with. If anyone has had similar issues, I could really use a hand.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DMG is for the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Shae384695920xn0,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/4ctSXJ1) and letting us know if they help?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I can't install Creative Cloud, downloading the installer gives me a .dmg file which I cannot use on a Windows PC. .dmg files are for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this, I cant install any of the other adobe apps either because its telling me to update my system, but my system doesnt have an update available. Im running the most recent update on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a firewall or something else running that might be preventing Adobe's servers from detecting what operating system your computer is running? With your computer running Windows 11 it should be downloading an .EXE file, not a Mac-based .DMG file.

Try visiting this help page:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
If you scroll down a bit you will find alternative download links for the Windows-based version. There are 5 choices in that list (even an ARM-based version). Be sure to choose the "Windows 10 version 1903 and later (64-bit)" version. That's the one that will work on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after installing the correct (exe) cc installer for your os, click the hamburger menu > help > check for updates.

this will test whether you are able to connect with adobe's secure servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Shae384695920xn0,

Sorry for the delayed response. I hope Bobby and kglad's suggestions helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly share a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...) so we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Shae384695920xn0,

Sorry for the delayed response. I hope Bobby and kglad's suggestions helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly share a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...) so we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines