• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Ubuntu/Linux

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud does not support Ubuntu/Linux. 

Please see the minimum system requirements needed to use Creative Cloud:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 693 Replies 693
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is because of Microsoft. Microsoft give money to adobe for not make any product for Linux. Adobe create its products for OS X (New PC with Unix) because Apple is under Microsoft control and Microsoft not have any concern about Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would completely love to see Creative Cloud developed and launched for Linux. Performance will increase in many levels, and also the combination of a Linux environment, Adobe CC and running on PC hardware would make Windows sink.

Nervertheless, we may never see that happening in our lifetime, due to not having such a huge amount of willing to pay customers for a Linux offering. Last time I noticed there was a 700,000+ petition list asking for Adobe to deliver that offering, but until 2016, their CC customer base was aroung 9 million paying subscriber, we represent less than 10%. Adobe: Strong Creative Cloud Growth to 9 Million Paid Subscribers | ProDesignTools

These are some of the things why we will never see a Linux offering on Adobe CC:

- The increased collaboration between Adobe and Microsoft to improve the offering to Windows clients. https://phys.org/news/2017-04-microsoft-adobe-cloud-partnership.html    (like an arrow to the knee: http://core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2016/09/adobe-100684487-primary.idge.jpg )

- Our 700,000 potential Linux Adobe CC subscribers represent 7.77% of the 9 million subscriber up to 2016. Adobe: Strong Creative Cloud Growth to 9 Million Paid Subscribers | ProDesignTools

- They would be developing or porting apps to Linux, just to make 7.77% of the customers happy. Financially it´s not worth the hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only half of the signatures led to a single month of CC - that's $20M - Adobe makes a lot of money -but it's foolish to imply that $20M per month is not enough to cover the additional development costs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it quite amazing to see this thread active for almost FIVE YEARS without any response from the adobe staff. The two messages early on just had to suffice I guess. I think that's sad, it implies they don't care but they must at least care a little. At least, that's what I make myself believe... Hope to here from the adobe staff after a little less then five years. Would do some good for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read very many problem messages in the various program forums (I have saved links to a dozen forums, including this one) you will see that the programmers don't always get things right the first time with TWO computer platforms... I see just about a zero chance of Adobe adding a third platform to their workload

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my voice that I'd love to see the Creative Suite made available for Linux users. This may not have been likely years ago, but things change and Adobe must constantly re-evaluate where to put their resources. Linux might still not make sense but maybe someday it will. Apple is decreasing focus on Mac OS and as a result it has become crappy and unstable in recent versions. Windows has been crappy and unstable since Vista and seems to get worse with each release. The only reason I need an OS at all is to use the Creative Suite. Seriously, just release the Creative Suite as its own OS (ala Chrome OS) and I will use it. Anything to get me away from Mac OS and to avoid having to use awful Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add my voice to the chorus. I bought PS CC for my Win10 laptop, but would vastly prefer to run it on my Linux box. I tried installing it via PlayOnLinux and Wine, but POL crashes every time.

I've read that CS6 works better with Wine. I tried asking via Adobe's chat support about downloading CS6 as my "second installation," but the support person (or 'bot) said to come ask on the forum because, and I quote, "those are the adobe experts." Not the Adobe tech support person, apparently. Jesus.

So I'll ask you guys: Can I get CS6 under my CC license? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

Previous via Cloud https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html

That link leads to these instructions:

Download more apps with Creative Cloud app:

To open the Creative Cloud desktop app, click the Creative Cloud icon, located in the taskbar (Windows) or Apple menu bar (Mac OS).

If it’s not already selected, click the Apps tab at the top of the window.

You will see your installed app, as well as a list of other apps you can browse and install.

In the Find Additional Apps section, scroll to find the app you want to install.

Click Install, and your app will begin to download.

There is no "Find Additional Apps" section; only "All Apps" or "Installed Apps". Under All Apps, I have "My Apps & Services" and "Trial Apps". I tried searching on CS6 and it took me to stock images on the Adobe website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

terryb97166633  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith   wrote

Previous via Cloud https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html

That link leads to these instructions:

Download more apps with Creative Cloud app:

To open the Creative Cloud desktop app, click the Creative Cloud icon, located in the taskbar (Windows) or Apple menu bar (Mac OS).

If it’s not already selected, click the Apps tab at the top of the window.

You will see your installed app, as well as a list of other apps you can browse and install.

In the Find Additional Apps section, scroll to find the app you want to install.

Click Install, and your app will begin to download.

There is no "Find Additional Apps" section; only "All Apps" or "Installed Apps". Under All Apps, I have "My Apps & Services" and "Trial Apps". I tried searching on CS6 and it took me to stock images on the Adobe website.

correct... Adobe changed everything about it and just assumed the new system would be so clear that people don't need help files anymore.

oldapps on Vimeo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Also, older apps (like Flash Builder) are still available by:

(three dots button) => Preferences => Creative Cloud => Apps => (checkbox) Show Older Apps

This is not really relevant to finding older version of main apps, but it might be helpful none-the-less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that if I click the drop-down arrow under Photoshop, it gives me the option to install CS6 on my Win10 laptop. However, I want to download CS6 to install on my Ubuntu box. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2365252 may help

-you will need to enter your original serial number during install for non-Cloud programs, so if you do not already own CS6 (Adobe stopped selling CS6 this past January) all you will get is a limited trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

Hi John,

That trustworthy old link is really no longer relevant for accessing Previous Versions given the brand new UI of the latest Cloud desktop app 4.3.0.256 which Adobe released under the radar last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh... I really hate it when they change the pages like that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess those pages will always change. That particular one has served us well for a couple of years. You must have pasted it thousands of times in your replies.

I do prefer the new Cloud app interface but, boy, Adobe love to slip out these changes unannounced - unless we're reading the release notes daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I now have your reply #3 in Previous versions in my note file, so maybe Adobe will keep it the same for awhile and a few more answers when someone wants to use Encore with Premiere Pro CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy. I get to the Adobe Installer and get this POL crash. Here are two screenshots. I tried leaving it alone, in case it was still running in the background, but it never returned.

Error.jpg

Error2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats your ubuntu version? And did you install guest pluggin(if you are in Virtualbox)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what if I don't have Ubuntu at all (and I don't intend to use it)?

I use Sabayon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.04LTS. I'm not running VirtualBox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try https://goo.gl/iT2Zs4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that let me install CC 2015. When it finished, the Application Manager had a "Run" option next to CC 2015. I ran it, and it worked!

However, after I closed it and ran PlayOnLinux again, CC 2015 was not in the program list, just the Application Manager. When I run that, CC 2015 shows "Up to date" and the option to run it is gone (see image).

So...how do I run CC 2015 now?

Adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No advice? It's frustrating to finally have it installed and apparently working, but not be able to run it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines