• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Ubuntu/Linux

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud does not support Ubuntu/Linux. 

Please see the minimum system requirements needed to use Creative Cloud:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 693 Replies 693
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David__B

Referring people asking for Linux support to a 3rd-party forum isn't going to make us go away. I pay for your product, and there are many other Linux users out there who do the same, or would, if they had native support. Having to run a VM  (and consequently, pay for a windows license we will never use for anything else) because we can't even get your product running in Wine (the windows emulation layer for Linux) is just ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sf76 - David was not trying to brush you off. Adobe is aware that there are many customers and potential new customers who would like to see our products run on Linux. There are many Adobe employees who would love to see this. Currently this is not a reality but do continue to make your voice heard. The Get Satisfaction page David pointed you to is one place to make your voice heard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No rudeness intended, Ken, it's just frustrating to have to pull up a

virtual machine every time I want to do any sort of graphics work. My job

is half split between coding (which I find loads easier on linux, as I can

have all my native apache/php/mysql/ruby/java/tomcat stuff sitting right

where I can get at it, virtual directories where I can actually access and

edit documents, virtual desktops, etc...) and graphics. Currently, besides

Visual Studio, which I am using solely for TFS as even MS Office and .net

MVC4 run on Linux now, Adobe CS6 is the only reason I keep Windows around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Adobe is trying to promote Creative Cloud.

Painless portability between platforms with access to the most current versions available would be a very compelling reason to upgrade an old standalone license and switch to a subscription plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2013 Jun 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting a pretty clear picture here. Customer response has been overwhelming on this issue, in fact Id guess you guys havent ever had a single issue garner more support than linux versions, and yet, after years of overloading the feedback paths you provide, there's not a single response either confirming or denying your intent to persue it. You have even stated that your OWN PEOPLE want to see it happen, and yet you cannot simply say 'yes, were working on it', or at the very least have the courtesy to say 'no, we dont care if you want it, we wont make it.'

Well, I have put off the shift of both my personal workstations, as well as my design team's, to an ubuntu platform (which every other computer in the company runs) for this, and ONLY this reason. No more. It has cost us considerable time and money, as well as added frustration to have split platforms and cater to M$'s exentricities JUST so that they can continue to run your software. At the end of the quarter we have decided to switch platforms on the remaining computers. If Adobe doesn't release a linux version by then we will be going with a patchwork suite or replacements (ie gimp, inkscape, synfig, nvu, etc). I would absolutely stipulate that they are inerior products, but THEY RUN ON LINUX. We would have no problem paying the same ammount, even slightly more, for a linux creative cloud, but we have waited far too long for any definative response on the matter.

Not threatened by losing 22 counts? That's fine, its not intended as a threat, just feedback on a reality that many of your customers have encountered. What you SHOULD consider, though, is that if your hearing this from me here, how many other customers DONT know about this thread, or wont bother taking the time to post feedback to you? Ive been a loyal customer since 1998, and TBH I love your programs, I have worked with and know a few of your employees personally (who, as you said, are frustrated about this as well), and even considered working for Adobe in the past, but I just cannot justify forcing an M$ platform for small portions of my company while we wait on this any longer. Its actually worth the learning curve for our designers, and possibly losing a couple, thats how serious this is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SEND YOUR MESSAGE TO SHARE HOLDERS BLOGS, NOT TECH BLOGS!!!

If you want to get Adobe's attention, don't contact the insiders, contact the share holders.

To do that, take your comments to Wall Street news stories comments about Adobe Business.  If everyone that finds this thread searches Google for a current news story about ADBE, like "ADBE market news", and posts a comment on the news story about Adobe ignoring a large potential source of revenue, you can indirectly get the attention of Adobe through the shareholders.

If it is greed that drives them, threaten their cookie jar.

I posted my first here:

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/cloud-transition-is-better-for-customers-adobe-ceo-PpJH8yztTLWdnUWobP...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently David was trying to brush us off, because it didn't seem to matter how many people responed to getsatisfaction.  We broke the site with the number of responses, and still nothing from Adobe.

AGAIN, EVERYBODY

SEND YOUR MESSAGE TO SHARE HOLDERS BLOGS, NOT TECH BLOGS!!!

Businesses could careless about what users want, unless it affects the interests of the share holders.  If you want Creative Cloud on Linux, tell the shareholders to pull the plug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any new development or press release on Adobe Creative Cloud for Linux/Ubuntu? I am getting to the point where I will have no choice but to stop supporting Adobe, and will enact company wide policy change to stop using Adobe software because of the inconvenience it poses not having it for Linux/Ubuntu.

I will gladly pay for Adobe programs to be ported over to Linux. I will gladly DONATE LARGE SUMS OF MONEY towards the coding of this project. There are so many people here willing to do the same. Tell us you are pursuing it for real, send us a donate button and tell us how much money we must raise to make it happen, and we will far exceed that goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are more important the OS. Certainly refuse.

Who is more important Adobe products they refuse OS.

If you are willing to invest money. Invest in Wine, they will do so Adobe products worked well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is no further development or press release and no-one here was expecting one in the near future.

For the peace of your mind and for everybody using Linux OS, please make a note that there won't be any Adobe products or Microsoft Products for Linux OS. It is in your interest to find alternatives or start using Windows or Apple Mac.

DELL computers have very good deals on new desktops and laptops and people should buy them befre it is too late.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are actual Microsoft products for Linux - starting from most common used Skype to the tools Microsoft keeps for the internal use. So in spite of you are an MVP you are quite wrong. There are some adobe products for Linux as well, but not Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stay on topic here. This is a Creative Cloud Forum and there are

no plans to have CC on Linux systems. This matter has been in

discussion since August 2012 and people are still debating whether CC

for Linux systems should be relased or not. Adobe has no plans for

releasing CC on Linux and I thought this was very clear from reading 100

or so posts in this thread and elsewhere.

I seriously think it is time to move on and discuss what CC can do on

Windows and/or Apple Macs systems. this is more productive and

profitable for everybody than to discuss about something that is not

going to happen in our lifetime. Do you not agree?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well You can tell us to move on all you like, but the truth is the demand remains. It seems silly that the only and I mean the ONLY reason some of us have Windows systems is to run Photoshop. How about that Adobe folks, you may be solely responsible for the very existence of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thing I wanted to mention is that Adobe has just released a

new version, "Creative Cloud 2014" and there are events all over the

world. If you are in the UK, you can register for a free event here:

<https://cn14uk.creativecloud.adobeevents.com/>

You will have a chance to discuss your requirements in person with an

Adobe representative and all your questions answered at that time.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much does it take to have our voices be heard? I'm thinking this is not about it, because there is obviously a huge user base running Linux, but marketing is another thing. I'd say you guys have a good deal with Apple and MS, even though most of you realize how unreliable those platforms are, but yeah, cash keeps flowing in, why not.

Try to convince us it's not the main reason(s) Adobe hasn't yet made a native Linux port, especially nowadays, when Linux becomes increasingly popular. How long will it take to finally make a move that should've been made years ago?

What, on the other hand, might be a no go by the Linux community is the clutter Adobe installs, that is violating every bit of privacy rights, so there are concerns on both sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming to this thread three years later, aaaaaand, no progress. Phooey, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been told not use it any more 5 years ago because there were too many requests and adobe have ignored us since. some 2 minute maths i did earlier estimated over 8 million pounds yearly in just that one page worth of users, and many potential users probably want this but just haven't been to that specific page and those who would want multiple licences. the windows OS is dying among professionals and to some extent so is mac hardware as apple becomes more oriented to consumer devices than professional workstations, its been more than two since the last mac pro and I was underwhelmed with it then and the 5k imac has a thermal throttled 4 core CPU? I've given away more powerful gaming computers as Christmas presents than that. that's why a huge amount of Hollywood effects artists have already moved themselves and their software to Linux (not to mention performance benefits and render farms capabilities in Linux that exceed anything I've seen from MS or Apple), why is adobe so far behind after getting the same repeating request for so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14,000 people voting for linux support on the getsatisfaction site

x $50 / month for Creative Cloud

= $700,000 / monthly revenue

It's certainly true that not everyone who voted for it will pay for CC, but think of the thousands of linux users who haven't voted on that page who will.

If I could have the Adobe apps I need for work on linux, I could finally stop using windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David,

I'm back nearly a year later.  Any progress on this?

Can you offer another, more robust, venue to make our message more powerful?  It seems we broke the website you referred to within 1 month of your comment.  It received too many comments (well over 10,000) to continue servicing the thread.

Why don't you encourage the discussion here on your servers?

I must ask.  Is Adobe concerned about making money?  Perhaps these linux users should find a way to get our message directly to shareholders.

This has been a high demand issue for over 3 years, and still no word of any plan to meet that demand.

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David and Ken, and everyone participating on this thread.

As the originator of this post, I thought I would chime back in

I recommend reading the following:

https://getsatisfaction.com/adobe/topics/adobe_creative_cloud_linux_ubuntu_user_walkout_scheduled_fo...

Take your likes and conversations there.  Please post the link info on your favorite social media site as well. 

The message we are getting from Adobe is, "you haven't given us a real financial reason to even consider Creative Cloud for Linux."  We've heard nothing but, "go somewhere else if you want to complain.", followed by radio silence, all despite over 22,000 views in 15 months.  That's an average of 50 per day, and given the increased SEO exposure, I'd recon it is more like 200/day today.

Let's give them a reason to worry.  If we get 10s of thousands of CC subscribers to pledge to cancel their subscription, all on the same day, they will at least have to talk about it.  If word gets out about a walkout, I'm sure it will affect Adobe's share value as the deadline approaches.

Pledge:

https://getsatisfaction.com/adobe/topics/adobe_creative_cloud_linux_ubuntu_user_walkout_scheduled_fo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love it! Thanks. What a great idea, possibly the most effective move yet. That said, the title says 'June 6', the body says 'September', consider fixing that as its going to cause  a bit of confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

getsatisfaction link is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any new development or press release on Adobe Creative Cloud for Linux/Ubuntu? I am getting to the point where I will have no choice but to stop supporting Adobe, and will enact company wide policy change to stop using Adobe software because of the inconvenience it poses not having it for Linux/Ubuntu.

I will gladly pay for Adobe programs to be ported over to Linux. I will gladly DONATE LARGE SUMS OF MONEY towards the coding of this project. There are so many people here willing to do the same. Tell us you are pursuing it for real, send us a donate button and tell us how much money we must raise to make it happen, and we will far exceed that goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌based purely on the numbers of the get satisfaction page, each person going for one complete license paying monthly excluding the stock images and stuff (chose this plan because it's what I have and think would be the most common for individuals) Adobe would get an estimated £8626500 per year from just the user of that specific page wanting cc for Linux. That doesn't take into account people buying multiole licenses for themselves or businessda who might want hundreds of them or the many, many people who want this but haven't gone to that page. If porting to Linux would cost even half that when they already the software available for Mac and windows, they seriously need to change the way they're working because all of the software I've made in the past has taken me alone less than an hour to port either to or from Linux,  except one small program I made in college which wasn't worth it because it was just an assignment. I know cc is more comoles than what Ive done I find it hard to believe that it would be impossible for Adobe with the resources they have to do it and increase profits. Also the low market share stats most will quote are derived mainly from a company funded partially by Microsoft and Apple dont even come close to matching the stats I see on my servers, on sites that I trust (w3 shows over 5% which may still be low but much higher than people think). I know Linux is still less used but it's slowly taking over every area of computing because it already has servers, phones, gaming systems, color grading in davinci resolve, visual effects and 3d rendering all over Hollywood, audio production (my live mixing console, recording PC and editing PC are all Linux based), network hardware and storage, some video editing which is getting better (I now use it more than premiere just to avoid windows) and there are even graphic design software like krota, inkscape, gimp and pixeluvo, the latter of which may soon replace photoshop in my work soon in cc doesn't come to Linux. The only thing missing is the creative cloud suite and I'll leave behind the over priced underspecced Mac systems and slow, annoying windows environment behind for a faster, more efficient, more cost effective and more pleasant experience in Linux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean really what happened to just a simple program that we used to help edit our photographs. Now I have a program that I have to pay XX amount of dollars a year. This all depends on what package you get stuped into buying. Better pay extra if you want more than 20 ish or so fonts. Then now we have to pay for this program all the time for the rest of our lives that we want to use it right ???? But you can not even design a program that will work over multiple hard drives ?? you have to have Creative Cloud on the OP drive no matter what ??? Then when you have to sit here and delete and re-download the programs over and over and over again, you have the nerve in another forum to tell us we should probably use a third party program to clean our system because your uninstall does not actually completely uninstall your program even if you check the box that say completely remove from the system ??? What does complete mean to Adobe these days that is the question I want answered. I want a program that I can instal on any HD and it works the same, I don't want to be bothered every time I turn on my computer that the fonts or behance won't work unless I turn on the Cloud. Who edits thier photos on their cell phone ??

I mean how many files do you need to make per photo now Adobe ??? good grief I mean really has anyone actually looked to see what these programs are doing to your computer ???

WHY WHY WHY give me my old program that I could pay for and do what I want with it , not one that sits here and controls my computer , and that I have to pay for but can't actually use the way I want to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines