• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud error 202 & Lightroom BSOD

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since appr. Febr 25th I have issues with Adobe Creative Cloud en Lightroom.

Adobe Creative Cloud says there is an update, but updates keep failing with error 202.

I also can't use Lightroom. It gives me constant blue screens. Because the issues started at the same time, I assume that these are related?

I used Google to find a solution for Adobe Creative Cloud. Found a lot of suggestions, but none worked. I ended up trying to uninstall and reinstall. Uninstall was succesful, but now I am not able to reinstall. Again because of error 202.

Lightroom BSOD can even happen when just having this opened and doing nothing. The crashump says it is related to the Nvidia-driver. I already reinstalled these, did a memory check, etc., but none of these resolved the issue.

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

Drive or module in which error occured: nvlddmkm.sys

So now I am without Adobe Creative Cloud and Lightroom.

Someone who has some good ideas to get both working again?

Are these issues indeed related at all?

I have a crashdumpfile (after BSOD), ACC.log, CEF.log, DLM.log, PDApp.log and a WAM.log.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Explorer , Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

I solved it. 

And the solution was really, and I mean really, easy.

So the installation of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop-app leaves logfiles which seemed usefull.

As mentioned above, the ACC.log showed that the installer was downloading and extracting files. The extracting of OneUp.zip failed and left an error 202 in the logfile.

So if extracting failed, how nice would it be to have an offline installer?

Guess what, I found that over here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

@Andy287202927lbp 

are none of the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

current?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

i'm not showing 5.11 is available.  i'm showing 5.10.0.573 is the latest.

(i realize different users can show different updates are available at different times, so that complicates things.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

@Andy287202927lbp 

there may be an update for your region and not mine (western usa).  try resetting your cc app and see if that helps resolve the issue.  reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

@Andy287202927lbp 

sounds cumbersome, but manageable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you @Sebastian299508913ssn (though that was suggested in my first post here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be back. 😞

Cannot update to 5.11.0.521. Again error 202.

The offline installer is still 5.10.0.573. So I guess I will have to wait until the correct offline installer is available for downloading, and see if I can resolve the issue again.
Think this will remain the standard update method.... 😕 Minor issue, but annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andy287202927lbp 

are none of the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

current?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even today, alternative download links are still downloading 10.573, while the app itself wants to update to 5.11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not showing 5.11 is available.  i'm showing 5.10.0.573 is the latest.

(i realize different users can show different updates are available at different times, so that complicates things.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange indeed...

When opening ACC, it says there is een update including a link to the release notes of 5.11.

But when clicking on that link, it shows release notes of 5.10.0.573 as the latest notes?

I am not able to open ACC without this message.

2023-06-25_15-27-20.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andy287202927lbp 

there may be an update for your region and not mine (western usa).  try resetting your cc app and see if that helps resolve the issue.  reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't respond to Ctrl + Alt + R.

I cannot seem to bypass this update-window. It says version 5.11 is available, but the release notes (also in my region) only shows until 5.10.0.573. Updating gives me the error 202.
Except for updating ACC, all Adobe-software is still working. I guess I'll just check the download page for updates regularly then. 
Annoying issue, but not urgent as long as Lightroom and Photoshop keep working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does the problem remain if you restart your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, restart didn't resolve it.

But is is solved again. For now.

The alternative download links on the update page of my region still shows the previous version, but at the USA-page it showed the version that the client om my laptop wants to install.

Downloaded it, installed it, and again it resolved my issue.

So I guess everytime my client says there is an update, I most likely will have to wait until the alternative download links shows the new version at the USA-region, then download and install it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Andy287202927lbp 

sounds cumbersome, but manageable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines