• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts available on Windows/MacOS, but "not in your plan" for iPad-even though it used to work

Explorer ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Acrobat Pro Teams subscription with 2 licenses. 

Creative Cloud comes with it and it's foundry of fonts. I was very happy with this and synced fonts across all my devices, including iPad. It used to work just fine and I primarily used these fonts while using Microsoft Word on the iPad and Acrobat, etc...

I'm not sure what happened a few weeks ago, but I noticed the fonts were not available on my iPad. When I went into the Creative Cloud app and into the Fonts section to re-add the fonts, I get the message "Not in your plan". 

Why would it be available on the desktop, but not iPad?

Why did it work a couple weeks ago, but not anymore? There was no change to my plan...

I chatted support and didn't get much help.

I called support and got bounced around until someone told me that they don't support the mobile app. Adobe doesn't support the mobile app? He told me to contact Apple because it was on the iPad, which is clearly not the solution. The guy must have been misinformed.

I'm not having a sync issue, I'm having an issue with the Creative Cloud app recognizing my plan. 

Can anyone here can help??

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about the difficulties with fonts not being available on iPad. Could you please turn off the font option in Creative Cloud, wait a moment, and then turn it back on. 

If the above steps don't help, try signing out of the Creative Cloud app on your iPad and restarting the device, then signing back in to check if that makes any difference. 

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see an option to turn off the font option in Creative Cloud, but I did sign out, delete all Adobe apps, reinstall and restart and the issue persists.

What do you think is the next step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Acrobat Pro DC subcription that I pay monthly for.

It comes with access to Adobe Fonts.

I've always been able to sync fonts across my devices: PC, Mac and iPad.

For some reason, around 6-8 months ago, certain fonts no longer sync on the iPad. 

When I attempt to reinstall, it states "Not in your plan".

But the same fonts used to work on my iPad, and continue to work on the PC and Mac. It's clearly in my plan. For some reason, the Creative Cloud app on the iPad does not recognize that my plan includes it.

So I can use the font "Neue Haas Grotesk" on my Acrobat on my PC and Mac, but can't use it on my iPad.

For whatever reason, the font "Montserrat" does sync on Creative Cloud on the iPad and accordingly, shows up in the list of fonts registerd with the iPad (Settings > General > Fonts).

Again, this used to work on my iPad, but no longer does now - even though there were no changes in my account.

It has to be some sort of back-end account recognition issue, but specifically with the iPad.

This may have something to do with the changes Adobe made recently that asks you to "select your profile" when you sign in to your account.

See screenshots attached.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @nur development 

Thanks for your response. I have merged your conversation with the one in which we discussed the same issue. Could you please check whether you're signing in with your business ID on your iPad or not? Please ensure you're selecting a business profile when signing in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, when signing in with my Adobe ID on the iPad, it does not give me the option to select a profile. I recently made my business profile the default when signing in, but this still hasn't resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Could you please let us know what you see when you go to www.fonts.adobe.com on the iPad, are the fonts available to activate or does it says "Not included"?

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question.

fonts.adobe.com shows the fonts I want active (I use them just fine on the PC/Mac).

But not through the app.

See screenshot attached which shows both side by side on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. If switching between personal and business account doesn't help. I'd recommend reaching out to and working with our support directly as a next step. They can be reached here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately contacting support directly didn't realize any solutions.

Is there anything else you all can do?

I'm sure there are other users that are affected...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please attach the screenshot which shows both side by side on the iPad as you said above? Also, please share your Adobe ID with me via private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't attach a file to a reply, only to the OP.

You can insert a graphic into the reply message by using the Insert Photos icon, then click Choose Files and browse to the location of your screenshot. Click Done when the picture is displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does that work?

adobe font issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot. Could you please check and let us know, when you choose the fonts tab on CC Mobile, do you see an “Active fonts, not on this device” section? Please check the screenshot for more info.

fonts.png

If you have that “Active fonts, not on this device” could you please click on it and tell us what fonts are listed on the, not on this device page?

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sir. Here is the screenshot of that section.View active fonts.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try signing out from CC Mobile (click on profile in the top right of the app), and then sign back in with the Enterprise ID? Make sure you select the correct profile when you're signing in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the key issue. I don't have that option. When input my username and then password, it automatically signs me in. On the web, I have the choice, but not on the app. 

That said, when I sign in, it does show my company logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Just to be sure, you're saying that you do not get the option to select a profile when you're signing in on an iPad, but you're getting that profile selection option when you're signing in on the web? Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. For the Creative Cloud app.

I just deleted Acrobat and reinstalled. It automatically pulled my sign-in info from Creative Cloud (I think), and it didn't register my pro subscription. Then I signed out of Acrobat app, and signed back in using my Adobe ID (manual entry). After inputting my password, it asked for my profile. When I selected my business profile, it recognized the pro subscription.

I tried replicating these steps for Creative Cloud, but again, it doesn't let me choose a profile...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Let me check this with my engineering team, and I will get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

my name is Brady, and I'm the product manager for the Creative Cloud mobile app. I understand the situation you're describing, and our team is investigating. It sounds likely the app is choosing a default profile without access to fonts on start-up. We'll follow up soon, thank you for letting us know this is happening.

Regards,

Brady

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines