Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Core Sync using all available memory while open

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running OSX 10.9.2

.. looks like there's a memory leak... Core Sync will consume all physical memory and then start paging until the machine hangs.  Sometimes it will dump memory to kernal_task, and the cycle will repeat.  Attempting to do anything but watch while CC is open pretty much guarantees a hard lockup.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice on how to release the consumed gigabytes of disk space would be really valuable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Mac OS X will release this user memory when the application in restarted. Have you tried this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a question of memory, I have the same issue as chappydboz and Studio Zupa of files being created and hard-drive being consumed but I don't see any files in the /private/var/vm folder and the hard-drive space doesn't appear to clear when rebooted either. I was lucky to spot the space shrinking and quit the syncing first through Activity Monitor and then turned it off in the Creative Cloud app, but I don't want to risk trying to recreate the problem because I don't want to end up being unable to reboot.

Is there anywhere else I might look to track down the files that were created or an extension I should be looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This is something to do with Mac OS X not clearing these files not Creative Cloud. Files kept in /private/var/vm are OS related, please investigate if it is safe to manually remove these files, this will hopefully solve your issue while we look into the issue of CoreSync using excess memory.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines