• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud storage file syncing waiting for connection

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of yesterday my file syncing has been spinning for hours and then saying waiting for connection. It is happening on both my PC and laptop. Since it says it's waiting for connection after trying to sync I'm assuming the servers are under maintenance or something else. Anyone have an idea? If it helps at all normally I have little check marks next to all of my creative cloud folders but there is nothing showing now. I can still see all of my assets when I view from web, but nothing I change on either computer is uploading to the cloud. 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another update. This morning I got a new error saying "File Syncing Error. Some files failed to sync". It points you to a link that suggests it can occur for several reasons but one being you went over your maximum limit. I have 30 gigs of free space so it's not that. I did see some duplicate conflicts in the folder after the last re-sync I did after April 26th, so I corrected those.

Second option says this will occur and retry attempts will keep failing if there was a service outage that logs you out unexpectedly and to try signing out and signing back in. I did that and the same "waiting for connection" after 15 mins of syncing happened again. This is the same issue that took place on April 18-19th and was fixed on April 26th and then resumed again on May 4th after a creative cloud desktop app update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Digital Halftones,

We're sorry to hear this, and thanks for trying the steps mentioned in the article. Have you tried the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html.

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend reaching out to and working with our support directly as a next step. They can be reached here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tarun Saini Yes all of those steps were taking by a support tech when logged into my PC remotely. Nothing changed on my system made a difference. It's something on Adobe's side that keeps having issues and then resolves itself but no one here has been able to pinpoint what it is. The best I could figure out is it looks like it times out when trying to complete the scan of the files to sync as the "waiting for connection" would pop up at approximately 15 mins each time and then try again.  The new thing this last week is it would say some files could not be synced and would point to a possible issue with it losing connection to the servers, but then the next sync would say "waiting for connection" again. As of today I am fully syncing again, so it's working but nothing has changed on my system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Please let us know if the issue persists again. Until then, I will discuss this issue with the product team & will ask for the info if required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines