• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud storage file syncing waiting for connection

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of yesterday my file syncing has been spinning for hours and then saying waiting for connection. It is happening on both my PC and laptop. Since it says it's waiting for connection after trying to sync I'm assuming the servers are under maintenance or something else. Anyone have an idea? If it helps at all normally I have little check marks next to all of my creative cloud folders but there is nothing showing now. I can still see all of my assets when I view from web, but nothing I change on either computer is uploading to the cloud. 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, thanks for getting back to me! I'm reassured since it's not just me again but disappointed that this issue is back so soon. Seems like their recent updates are causing issues. I'm going to keep in contact with support to try and get it quickly resolved again. Hopefully by the time your backups finish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw another creative cloud update today but it's still not syncing. Thank you for letting support know. I'm going to hold out hope it doesn't take them more than a week to fix this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My clients are now reporting it's not syncing for them either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been in contact with adobe almost every day this week trying to resolve the issue. I chatted with a technician and they took control of my computer again on Wednesday. Again, even after completely deleting everything, the issue remained. I have another call with them scheduled for Monday afternoon. Although I don't expect a resolution from these calls, I'm hoping the persistance and their inability to find an issue will push the problem further up so they will quickly implement another update. 

Then again, they may fix it before I even get on that call Monday! I've shared this forum post with them many times in hopes they'll see it's a much bigger issue but I know there's probably a specific protocol.

So unfortunately, I really don't have an update other than I'm just in constant communication with them and again, no fixes are working (completely makes sense if this is the same exact issue with the cloud server). I'll update again if it miraculously fixes itself or on Monday after my call with Adobe support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update. I got a full sync one time this morning around 9am Pacific, but it's back to spinning again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update! Update for you: I just got off the phone with support again. Ironically, the day I have my call, my cloud was also successfully syncing (as of this morning). Even still, every time I open up the Creative cloud app, it spins, but I just have to pause and unpause it for it to show the green check for right now (files are able to uploaded even when it's showing the spinning right now). 

I showed the technician this thread and they copied the link to look at, plus I mentioned your case specifically. A couple other things they mentioned that I'm not sure if they told you yet is having a VPN or antivirus may interrupt the connection after the Creative Cloud updates, or if you have Microsoft OneDrive syncing (so pause this sync for a couple hours then try again). 

Basically the conclusion again was try everything and reach out to support to escalate the case if it happens again (which I pray it does not).

I have this forum post bookmarked, so if this exact issue keeps happening, I'll continue to reach out to support to push this issue and come back with updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is now syncing full again today with no more spinning. I was able to add new files and have them sync to the cloud today too. Again it took about 1 week to fix the issue. It's definitely something on their end as I have changed nothing on my system since we started having the issue again. 

As for the other things you mentioned I do not use one drive but I uninstalled it just in case that might be causing an issue. I do not use a VPN and use regular windows anti virus which we tried disabling completely when I was speaking with support but it didn't make a difference. The first thing I tested was firewall, anti virus, network, etc. but nothing on my end mattered. 

Hopefully they've got it figured out now but I won't be surprised if next week we get another creative cloud update and it's broken again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of a promising update but a terrible way to start it: So my cloud is not syncing again. I tried all of the troubleshooting steps, including all of the new steps I was just given on Monday and they obviously did not work. So, I reached out again to support and they said that this is now a documented issue and is getting repaired in the next update. They didn't know the exact date but they said soon. They said this should fix the issue for good.

Even still, they said a lead technician would reach out to me to get more data and try to troubleshoot more so it looks like I have yet another phone call in my future. If they do reach out before the update and fix anything, I'll of course update here again. Same issue 3 times in one month and almost a month lost of work has definitely made me a bit frustrated but it sounds like good news. I'm hoping this is finally the end of this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was sync'd as of this morning but I just added a few more files and it stopped working about half way through uploading them. It looks like something crashed as my all my folders flashed and then the icons changed and then I got a notice that some files could not be sync'd. Let's hope this update doesn't take too long. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again! Looks like there was a Creative Cloud update this morning. Just updated mine but my files are still not syncing (even after uninstalling and using cleaner tool). Still waiting to hear back again from support since May 18th. I just emailed again to let them know that update did not fix the issue and ask if there was another update coming that is supposed to fix the issue.

Any update on your cloud syncing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah no luck on this update. I haven't been able to sync once since May 17th. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 30th and still no sync since the 17th even after the update. Looks like we were forgotten about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Digital Halftones 

did you reset the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I have emailed them 3 times now in response to their last email after I spoke with them and they told me the update was coming but there has been no response. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Creative Cloud several times in that time to see if maybe the update came but required a restart and this did not resolve the issue. 

I am now talking in the support chat trying to get more information today to see if this update is actually coming. I will update again later today whether it is good news or no news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much of an update: the support member I spoke with in the chat said they would get in contact with the senior support member that is in charge of my case to nudge them to respond to me and took my contact number again. Hoping this means I will hear when we are getting this update by the end of this week. I'll update again when I hear something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: My creative cloud actually started syncing again as of about an hour and a half ago. However, I still had a call scheduled for today for the issue. Just got off the call, they again mentioned one drive running could be an issue (I turn this off everyday now so I don't believe this was true for me) but also that this has been a documented issue for some users on Adobe's end. They said Adobe believes they have fixed the issue from their end and it should not happen again but my case is being left open for the weekend and they'll check back in on Monday to see if it is still working. 

I'm hoping this is the end! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@caitlyn0073 

adobe support said having onedrive on your computer might be causing a cc files problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been out of the office for the last few days, but just confirmed everything is working now. Let's hope it sticks this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Digital Halftones 

do you know what caused the problem and what was the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response! For me personally, the solution was to wait for Adobe to fix the issue in their latest Creative Cloud update. There was no troubleshooting method that resolved the issue, even after 4 calls and a month and a half of emails/chats. They confirmed on the last phone call I had with them that some Creative Cloud users were experiencing this issue and the next update (that already was released) should fix this issue permanently (or at least for the forseeable future). I still do not know why the issue only affected some people or how many people it affected but I am happy Adobe has resolved the issue with their Creative Cloud service for the time being!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@caitlyn0073 

thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two trace routes I ran to adobe.com and assets.adobe.com and I'm getting request time outs on both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another one using tracetcp to see if it was udp connections being blocked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, i'm in blaine washington. 

(but that's doesn't mean we share adobe servers so it's hard to conclude anything.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I'm just looking for anything it might be that is causing the issue. Bad hop along the route, something blocking the connection that would explain why it won't connect, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines