• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud storage file syncing waiting for connection

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of yesterday my file syncing has been spinning for hours and then saying waiting for connection. It is happening on both my PC and laptop. Since it says it's waiting for connection after trying to sync I'm assuming the servers are under maintenance or something else. Anyone have an idea? If it helps at all normally I have little check marks next to all of my creative cloud folders but there is nothing showing now. I can still see all of my assets when I view from web, but nothing I change on either computer is uploading to the cloud. 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached a screen shot of what I'm seeing after about 15 mins of restarting the PC and adobe creative cloud launching. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Digital Halftones 

is this occurring on a mobile computer that was moved since it last worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is occuring on both my PC and Laptop. Both worked prior to yesterday. They have not been moved since that time. Both are currently on the same network. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you aware of what changed onyour network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through my cloud files and the last file update was on 4/18/23. Since then syncing has not been working from my PC or laptop. I recently saw that Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app was updated. Could that be the issue? Again it's an issue happening on both systems that happened at the same time.

I tried deleting the .db files to rebuild the core sync to see if it might be a courruption. I did a full restart after deleting the files but after restarting and lauching adobe creative cloud it does not make new .db files like usual. I'm not sure why as I have done this before and it made new ones to replace the deleted ones. 

Also I noticed that when I first open files that pull assets from cloud linked images that some of them, but not all are no longer showing the image. The link data is still intact and it still calls out the appropriate linked image but it's not showing. This appears to be an issue on the server side accessing the cloud data, but only for some images. Maybe that is why it can't sync and keeps saying waiting for connection as some servers are not connecting or working probably that hold that cloud data?

I did a manual upload via the web browser to the cloud. The upload is working but it's extremely slow compared to normal. I have a 30 meg upload and it usually takes about 1 min to upload a 30 meg file, but it's been about 10 mins and is only 25% done. I have confirmed my internet speed is working as it should. See included image. I should note the images I uploaded to the cloud manually are not being synced to either system or recognizing that there was a change to my cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact adobe support.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Was on the phone with Adobe support for 2 hours. They tried adobe cleaner, uninstalling and reinstalling adobe creative desktop and sync, deleting all cloud files manually, changing to a different network, removing all firewalls in windows and on router on both PC and laptop and nothing worked. Only thing that was able to sync was libraries. No files will sync to the cloud. It just shows a spinning blue wheel for 15 mins and then says waiting for connection and then tries again in a few minutes. No new .db files have been created in the roaming core sync folder since being deleted, so it still looks like it's not even trying to create a new database file. I've tried changing the creative cloud folder location to a blank folder and nothing has been added. I'm just not sure what else to do at this point but I have 10s of thousands of hours in creative cloud assets that clients need to be updated and have access too and I can't do anything. The support guy was helpful but said he hadn't seen it act like this before so he wasn't sure and is going to escalate it up the chain for more ideas. I am supposed to get a call in 24 hours to see if there was any change. 

If anyone has any ideas to try please present them. I am desperate for a solution at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Digital Halftones 

if all else fails, the nuclear option is to backup your data, reformat your hard drive, reinstall your os update your os, restore your date and install the cc desktop app and then adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought about that but here's the thing. The issue started happening on my PC April 18th-20th. Nothing was updated on the cloud during that time but I did receive an adobe creative cloud update recently. I was thinking that a fresh OS install might be worth a try but then I booted up my laptop, which I haven't used since April 1st, to check and the first thing it did was update creative cloud and now that one won't sync either. So if it was related to something on the computer that a fresh install of an OS would fix than the laptop wouldn't have the same problem.

Both systems say they are syncing but it's like the connection is not being established to sync the files (ie download or upload the changes). On my PC the folder is showing as empty (after support did a clean install) and I'm still getting the waiting for connection after 15 mins of trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Digital Halftones 

i just realized you're posting the same issue in different threads.  you should probably ignore the other thread because you've already done all that (i assume in the correct order).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same exact issue which started almost at the same time (about April 19th or 20th). My cloud isn't syncing at all and I'm completely unable to open any offline cloud files. I've done every troubleshooting task I can think of and tried everything I've found on the forums. I've been in contact with adobe support as well, was on the phone for 4 hours today and sounds like they did the same procedures to my computer as they did with yours. Nothing worked. Supposed to hear back from someone else within a couple days. Super interested to hear if you find a fix, I'll update if I do as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm like 90% sure this issue is not caused by anything on our end, but has something to do with the latest creative cloud update. If you check the forums this issue arises and then a few days/weeks later it fixes itself on it's own as no one mentions a fix for it.

Right now all we can do is call support to get it on their radar so it can slowly move it up the chain to someone that can actually address the issue happening on their side. I've wasted over 8 hours on this already and all support has done is completely nuked my adobe setup (thanks last support guy who did it before saving any of my settings/custom scripts/actions without telling me) and then admit it stills not working and that they will talk to a superior and call back in 24 hours.

At this point I don't want them to touch anything on my end anymore. This is something they need to check the logs in and confirm where it's hanging on the sync to see why the servers are not responding. I 100% no for sure the cloud sync is not communicating. I am seeing active time outs after my connection reaches Adobe Systems in Seattle. That would suggest it's going to Adobe's servers and then failing to reach the final destination. That would explain why it spins for 15 mins and then says waiting for connection as the cloud server that is storing the cloud data is not being reached. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly my thought and I've tried to convey it multiple times to support but I understand it's procedure to try absolutely everything else before sending the issue higher. The last advice I was given was it could possible be a corrupted file in my cloud and to download every single file, delete each file, then check if it's working and reupload the thousands of files in my library. I'm so torn because that will literally take me days and I can't really waste that much time, but at the same time, I can't do basically anything for my work until this is resolved.

I sent the support team a link to this forum post, hoping to show it's happening with multiple people after this update so maybe it's an update bug. Haven't heard back yet about my logs. It truly seems like an issue with the cloud syncing connection, especially if multiple people are having the same issue after this most recent cloud update. For now, I'm just staying in contact with support, as you said, and hoping for a new update or some resolution. Again, I'll update if I make any progress and keep checking back to see if you do too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: my file syncing is functioning properly again! I logged into my computer today and it appears to be working now.

I have no idea what the solution was (whether or not there was a creative cloud update/bug fix). I did end up deleting some files from my cloud after backing them up yesterday around noon (probably only about 1/10th of my total files), but this did not lead to an immediate fix. I didn't notice the fix until today at noon, so I think it is unlikely this was the fix. I haven't heard from anyone at adobe saying they found a resolution to the issue either so I'm not sure. Interested to hear if you are still having the issue or if it's resolved for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it was on their end like I said and would fix itself on it's own. I can just hope all of our efforts to move this up the chain was what prompted them to look into it to get it fixed cause something was wrong. Now I need to wait 5 days to redownload everything... sigh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They deleted all of my stuff and it will now take days to get back up and running again, not to mention my creative cloud location reset so I have to not only redownload all 80 gigs of space I have to also re back up to my cloud storage. It really is a huge pain and waste of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last advice I was given was it could possible be a corrupted file in my cloud and to download every single file, delete each file, then check if it's working and reupload the thousands of files in my library.

By @caitlyn0073

Just wanted to say NOT to do this in the future as it would be a waste of time. The creative cloud will point out which file it's not able to sync. I've been using the cloud storage for about a decade and have had numerous corruptions/desyncs, etc for myself and clients and it always tells us which file it is having an issue with syncing. The fact that it didn't this time is why I went to the forum as this was unusual. Even the first support guy I spoke too said deleting everything and re-installing always seems to fix any sync issues like that, but this time it's not working. If it was a sync issue on your side the app would have told you what it was. The fact it didn't is why I was fairly certain it was messed up on Adobe's end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Digital Halftones 

when there's a file that won't sync do you see an alert popup message, or something else that tells you the problematic file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It tells you in two ways. First is via notification pop up on your PC. It will tell you pop up unable to sync some files or a specific file. If you click the notification it will usually open the folder in question with the files having the issues. The second way is on the web browser assets.adobe.com. If you search folders (by last date modified usually the fastest way). It will tell you by adding something to the file name that is having the issue like (conflicting issue with xxx system). Most of the time you can just delete the file from your side and it will fix the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Digital Halftones 

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's really good to know, thanks! I spent like 2 hours backing up some files because I was desperate for a solution before giving up since it was taking so much time. 

It's just gut-wrenching that support had to go to such extreme lengths on our clouds to try to resolve this issue, just to prove it wasn't an issue with our personal clouds. From what I found perusing the hundreds of forum posts, does not seem like this is anywhere near the first time it has happened. Just glad it was eventually fixed and I know what not to do in the future. Good luck with redownloading, I hope it doesn't end up being too terrible of hassle for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh it's been a massive hassle. Just finished syncing all 80 gigs today. I've had my system on for 24 hours for 4 days straight to get this far with CPU running at 25% the whole time (can't wait to see the spike on my electric bill). I now have to configure the changes to external back up drives (approximately 16 hours for that) and then reupload everything to my cloud backups (20 days for that). It has been a massive hassle but yeah at least they gave me a free 30 days.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least you got the free month (makes sense since you can't even use it this month)! That is a terrible situation overall, I'm sorry!

Also, I wanted to stop back in to see if you're still having the file syncing issue? Mine resolved itself for a week and literally just came back a couple hours ago but I'm not sure if it's just me quite yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry didn't check the website for a few days, but yes it is no longer syncing for me again. They did another cloud sync update and the issue is back. I'm not going through this again with suppor though. I'm still waiting for my backups to finish from the last time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines