Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Core Sync is eating up my CPU and Windows Explorer

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I've been fighting this issue for quite some time, searching for advice, but there doesn't seem to be a solution to this.

On my Windows 10 laptop, I'm running Creative Cloud quite extensively, utilizing cloud storage etc. Almost all of the time, the CoreSync.exe keeps synchronizing and employing the processor so that the fan runs constantly. Moreover, while the sync process is on, it seems to block icon display. The moment I kill the CoreSync app, all goes back to normal.

Do you find this behaviour normal? Because it really slows down my work (CPU power AND file organization without icons).

See the video for more detail.

Thank you for advice.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Adobe, please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem. Onlyworkaround i've found is quiting all sync tasks via Windows Taskmanager. Can't call this a sollution..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, the support can not help and say please reinstall. i do it, same problem.

Can this read an adobe second, or third level suporter?!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe developers don't usually hang out on these pages, so you're not likely to get a technically knowledgeable person who can answer your questions here. As far as I know, they don't read these pages and are unaware of the issue. The CPU usage and such have been a constant complaint on these forums, and as far as I know, no one has ever suggested a reason or been able to provide a solution.

I would suggest going to the Feature Request/Bug Report site, selecting Creative Cloud, and either adding your vote to a current bug about this (I don't know if there is one), or starting one yourself.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

There's also the Uservoice forum for Creative Cloud Desktop Features, although I don't think it's really related to the issue. It is, however, the only uservoice forum for Creative Cloud:

https://creativecloud.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can say that the Adobe support chat staff can't fix it and all act like they never heard of this problem.  After more than an hour with the last tech she told me that it was a microsoft problem with file explorer. The only way i've found to stop it is to close CC sign out and sign back in.  I just found this thread. It looks like this has been a problem for years. Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines