• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Core Sync Process Choking Systems

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe CC installed on an older MacBook Pro running Lion and an iMac running Mavericks. Ever since the last CC update, my processors have been maxed out and the Finder locks up (usually after first booting up). The activity monitor shows "Core Sync" hogging most of the CPU - anywhere between 75-99%. Once I quit the process, the CPU returns to normal. I also have Adobe CC installed on a PC running Windows 7, which produces similar CPU usage. I am now in the habit of force quitting Core Sync first thing when I boot up and when Core Sync switches back on, I'm sometimes forced to just shut down CC altogether. This should not be.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Adobe?

J.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 100 Replies 100
Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you,

If this one fix falls under the "other bug fixes", possibly someone can note any updates on this problem within this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update doesn't fix it.

It's even worse for me because I run TotalFinder, but I've had to give up on it for a while because it really locks up with this whole mess.

Adobe: Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winston Baccus‌ , clarencel72476135‌ ,

If you're still seeing this issue after updating to the most recent version of the Creative Cloud Desktop application, please send us your logs to allow us to investigate.

Please install and run the log collection tool following the instructions on this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Please email the logs to syncforum-communication@adobe.com

Thank you,

Ben

Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac Users:

Go to System Prefs--->Extensions---->Finder

Uncheck Core Sync Helper

Go eat pizza and think about something else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually was unchecked. Still have the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the same issue. I'm not typically signed out of Adobe Creative Cloud, but I always quit the menu bar Creative Cloud app because it serves no purpose except for updating the apps.

I also don't sync anything with Creative Cloud, but am seeing the same thing. Finder + Core Sync are using near 100% of CPU and I have to Force quit Core Sync and Adobe Desktop Client and Finder to get it to work again, mulitple times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have no Files to sync. Today I had 100.2 % CPU for the Core Sync. It is not possible to work with this problem! I have no Idea whatfore this app needs the cpu in that way. Should be a small background job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to my sync problem in iMac

In the Library/Preferences/com.adobe.accmac.plist Rename or delete this file.

I got instant response and the sync files and fonts works. But there is no green checkmark in the folder for synced files, but I can live with that.

Best Regards

Lasse Martinell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still seeing these issues, just updated CC 8 hours ago. 100% CPU usage and eventually causes Finder to become extremely sluggish, this is on a new MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, Core Sync daemon restarts even though file sync is deselected.Result is Finder is sluggish and cpu real slow. Please Adobe we dont want or need your really bad sync stuff. I am going to change permission to 000 so it can't start again as soon as I find where Adobe put it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem today in Windows 7 (64bit) with 13% of CPU constantly in use.

I ended the process in the Task Manager and immediately a Flash Update prompt was presented to me, which then errored out. A retry resumed the update okay.

Will keep an eye on this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. CPU skyrockets because od CC background process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am experiencing the same issue. Shameful Adobe that this has been going on for over a year  without resolution. Turning off File Syncing is a temporary "solution", but I'm paying good money for that very function, but can't use it without blowing up my CPU. Cheese-ball!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There:

We would like to request more information to investigate your issue and provide the solution. Could you please use the log collector tool ( https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html )and send the zip file on your desktop to me at SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com and also provide the information as below?

-- Is CoreSync blowing up your CPU or Creative Cloud? Please kindly send us the screenshot of your activity monitor or task manager when you run into CPU issue.

-- Forum post link

-- Your Adobe ID

-- Operating systems

-- Creative Cloud Version

Best Regards

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having what may be a related problem.  AdobeGCClient - and specifically codesign in connection wityh AdobeGCClient - eventually brings my Mac Pro to a crawl on El Capitan.  Activity Monitor shows 99% CPU usage and 3GB of actual memory usage.  My entire Mac becomes unusuable, even though I have 16GB of physical RAM.  Crazy!

I did what was suggested in other threads and uninstalled Adobe Creative Cloud, and reinstalled to make sure I have the latest version.  This is no help at all.

Opening Photoshop CC 2015 creates the issue.  Quitting Photoshop CC 2015 doesn't solve the issue.  Only quitting Photoshop, AND force quitting both AdobeGCClient and codedesign (from Activity Monitor) eliminates the issue.

This extremely frustrating.  Especially since I learned elsewhere in the Adobe user forums that AdobeGCClient is only there to ensure proper Adobe ID login and no user changes to Adobe code/programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, but this solved it for me.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/high-cpu-power-idle-cloud.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new 5K iMac that I just installed Creative Cloud on today... well after the above support document / "fix" they came up with was published... and I still cannot permanently uncheck the "Core Sync Helper" feature in System Preferences > Extensions. I can temporarily uncheck the box, which stops it in the Activity Monitor... but then it somehow magically re-checks itself and appears in the Activity Monitor after I restart the computer. I've done everything from removing Creative Cloud from the list of startup items, to removing all of Adobe's junk in my LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons folders... and yet it somehow continues to launch itself at startup.

To be honest, dealing with Creative Cloud today has been really frustrating, and a huge waste of my time... I just wanted to put After Effects on my new 5K iMac today... and ran into a completely different issue with Adobe's CEPHtmlEngine process and it's associated "helper" process eating up 100% CPU usage on one of my cores in the Activity Monitor... I had to go searching through these forums to find a fix for that one too.

In the process, while looking through my installed applications folder, I happened to discover that Creative Cloud also installed (without my consent!) Adobe Character Animator, and Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015... which amounts to an extra 3GB of disk space on my computer... WTF Adobe!?! I have absolutely no need for either of those apps (I move ProRes Master files in & out of After Effects from FCPX)... so I had to remove Adobe Character Animator and Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015 too, when I didn't even ask for them in the first place! Also, after I'd implemented the fix for the Adobe CEPHtmlEngine issue, and I had quit both After Effects and Creative Cloud from the menu bar, there were still about a dozen other miscellaneous Adobe-related processes floating around in the Activity Monitor which is annoying... I know it's eating up minimal system resources, but I don't want any of your miscellaneous software strewn across my computer using any of my system resources when I close everything!

Seriously Adobe... it's all this kinda stuff that makes me cringe anytime I install your software on a brand new machine. I want 1 of your apps running on my machine, but I end up feeling like my computer's infected with a multitude of leaches. Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I am not running sync. Have the latest versions. Adobe processes run at startup. Have to force quit them. Tried uninstalling CC but get a message cant, since I still want and need Photoshop and Lightroom. How can we stop these processes from running automatically when we boot up?

Adobe Desktop Service

Adobe IPCBroker

CCXProcess

AdobeCRDaemon

Core Sync

Core Sync Helper

CoreServicesUIAgent

They are dragging down my MAC. They shouldn't even be running unless I run and launch CC or Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom. All are shut down and don't start at startup. And I have syncing off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem in 2016. I think it is  Adobe using this to access our information and "take over our computers"  I feel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem, but on a PC. My issues started a couple of weeks ago (end of July 2016) when Creative Cloud files randomly deleted a year's worth of folders and files. Fortunately, I was able to recover most of the files from backup, only losing three days work.

Now, CoreSync chokes my system when file syncing in the Creative Cloud app is running. It's beyond irritating. I left for a week's vacation, leaving the computer on and hoping the file syncing process would complete.  No such luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the Creative Cloud app which was constantly gumming up the works. All is fine now. (My Mini is 6 years old. I guess if you the have the latest hardware you can run all these robust programs!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm writing here because of the Core Sync issue.

Hardware specs:

- CPU: Intel Core i7-4710MQ 2.50 GHz

- RAM: 16 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz CL11

- SSD (mSATA): 128 GB Crucial M550

- HDD: 1000 GB 7200 RPM (buffer 32 MB SATA III)

Software:

- OS Windows 10 ver. 1709 16299.251

- Adobe Creative Cloud 4.4.1.298

- Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 19.1.1

- Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 22.0.1

- Adobe InDesign CC 2018 13.0.1

When I start my PC, two processes drain 100% of my CPU:

- Core Sync (32 bit)

- Explorer

I can't even open a folder or a file because the system is stuck.

It takes about 5 minutes, then all turn to normal.

After a few time the problem turn up again. And so on.

Cursor and desktop are blinking during the cpu peaks.

I'm using even Google Drive and Dropbox cloud on my PC with no issues.

I notice the following: during the cpu peak, windows explorer is trying to overwrite the icon overlays on files/folders.

Probably this conflicts with the operating system and causes the frequent issues.

I tryed uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app and install it again but with no success.

Disabling file sync works but it's NOT a solution: i need (and I pay) for it!

A couple of mounth ago I had to change the fan because of it.

Is adobe working for a permanent solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had this issue on my MacBook Pro. Until today when I tried to move my Creative Cloud folder to a new WD My Passport Ultra.

Is there still no fix after 3 years of this problem going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen cases where reinstalling the Creative Cloud app resolves this issue. You can uninstall the Creative Cloud app using the uninstaller from here: Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and then reinstall the app from here: Download Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tryed:

1) log off and log in

2) uninstall (with the tool) and install it again (even using a previus version)

My CC folder isn't in the primary disk too: it's in a ssd msata.

I will try to move the folder back on primary disk.

I'm speaking about windows: the processes that drains CPU are coresync and windows explorer.

I guess it concerns the icon overlay because it doesn't work anymore.

The only way I find till now is pause syncing and ending manually coresync process.

When I need to sync any file I start sync for a few minutes.

But so the cloud is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines