I tried to relocate my Creative Cloud Folder on an external Hard Drive to save some space on Macintosh HD
1.Relocation failed at some point, and it is impossible to know why/where/when as no feedback is provided.
2. As relocation failed, default folder location (/Users/UserName) is automaticaly reset in Creative Cloud interface. Fine.
If I press Resume Synch (in french "Reprendre la Synchronisation"), as the folder is set to default, it will automatically resume synch on the Macintosh HD's folder, right ?
No. Not only it doesn't seem to resume syncing, while actually it is, but in the external Hard Drive, where it creates a second folder.
3. It seems not working, as the button in the Creative Cloud interface didn't change its face, but ditto task (in Activity Monitor) is running in background ! (know more about ditto https://ss64.com/osx/ditto.html)
4. I try to quit Creative Cloud App, but Cmd + Q is unavailable. Hopefuly, right-click on the icon in the Dock is still available.
5. Now Creative Cloud is closed, but ditto task keeps running… copying files from default folder to the second new folder on the external drive.
- First attempt failed, so I have two folders : MacHD's folder, ExtHD's folder.
- As I pressed Resume Synch while default folder location was selected, expecting synchronization to be resumed on MacHD's folder, I now have a second ExtHD's Creative Cloud folder (which is being filled by ditto - Amazing) and three Creative Cloud folders
But, after these trials, now four instances of ditto task are running.
I think maybe Creatvie Cloud needs some serious cleanup and optimization.
In the meantime, I will be happy to read any advice 🙂