• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files Folder Huge Bug (even when CC is closed)

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

CC version is 5.5.0.619

Mac OS Big Sur 11.5.2

I tried to relocate my Creative Cloud Folder on an external Hard Drive to save some space on Macintosh HD

1. Relocation failed at some point, and it is impossible to know why/where/when as no feedback is provided.

2. As relocation failed, default folder location (/Users/UserName) is automaticaly reset in Creative Cloud interface. Fine.

If I press Resume Synch (in french "Reprendre la Synchronisation"), as the folder is set to default, it will automatically resume synch on the Macintosh HD's folder, right ?

No. Not only it doesn't seem to resume syncing, while actually it is, but in the external Hard Drive, where it creates a second folder.

3. It seems not working, as the button in the Creative Cloud interface didn't change its face, but ditto task (in Activity Monitor) is running in background ! (know more about ditto https://ss64.com/osx/ditto.html)

4. I try to quit Creative Cloud App, but Cmd + Q is unavailable. Hopefuly, right-click on the icon in the Dock is still available.

5. Now Creative Cloud is closed, but ditto task keeps running… copying files from default folder to the second new folder on the external drive.

- First attempt failed, so I have two folders : MacHD's folder, ExtHD's folder.

- As I pressed Resume Synch while default folder location was selected, expecting synchronization to be resumed on MacHD's folder, I now have a second ExtHD's Creative Cloud folder (which is being filled by ditto - Amazing) and three Creative Cloud folders

But, after these trials, now four instances of ditto task are running.

I think maybe Creatvie Cloud needs some serious cleanup and optimization.

In the meantime, I will be happy to read any advice 🙂 

Regards

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the Adobe Cleaner tool to uninstall apps. Restart computer.  Reinstall Creative Cloud.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Open CC Desktop App and change the Default install location from your Preferences. 

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines