• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud not Uploading files greater then about 1GB correctly

Enthusiast ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to upload a 4.3GB 4K H265 Video file to Creative Cloud Web platform under 'Files' so I can post a link out to individuals to download /play it.

In the Creative Cloud desktop - I drop a file into either a folder I created or the Creative Cloud Root folder and it keeps saying ' Unable to Sync'.

I have 20MBs healthy upload internet and 70MBs download.

The file is playable on all devices I have - Windows 10/Plex Media Server on Amazon Fire TV/ Mobiles etc.

The file is exported straight from Media Encoder 14.6 version.

I have tried simplifying File name / taking out underscores etc. Made no difference

Even Adobe remote support did not solve this.

Can someone point me to where Adobe documents the official size limit on uploading files.

Working with 4K video files is common these days and means they are going to be large - people editing 8K have a bigger problem

For once and for all can someone clarify why this process of uploading with Creative Cloud Web is such a pain and totally unreliable.

Finally what does OCTET under the file on the web mean when a file fails to upload?

To solve it use Dropbox .....why would I pay for Dropbox when I already pay for Creative Cloud each month.

Anyone with any wise knowledge on this please let me/everyone know.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/arent-my-files-syncing.html

Note that syncing large files can take time

You could see an error if you're trying to sync a large file using the Creative Cloud Files folder.

If you copy a large file to your Creative Cloud Files folder, the file doesn't sync until it is copied completely into folder. As the file is copying, the file is flagged, and your Creative Cloud desktop app notifies you that it is "Unable to sync file(s)". Once the copy completes, it begins syncing to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have a 4K H265 file uploaded a couple of months ago which works fine. The size of the existing file is larger than 4.3GB ! - so the size of file is not the issue

Also - using the Creative Clouad desktop to copy the file over it successfully copies into the folder very quickly.

I know you cannot use the Web upload arrow function to upload files bigger than 1GB. But for the Desktop method it previously handled files of at least 4.4GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Despite escalating this issue to Adobe the problem of uploading larger files for me is still not resolved.

Regarding the comment from Kglad, it is correct that any file of 4.3GB will take a long time to upload. This has always been the case, it will also depend of course on your internet upload bit rate as well as Creative Cloud's ability to handle the file.

The behaviour decribed - that Creative Cloud reports a message 'Unable to Sync' immediately is not the way this process has always worked in my experience.

Previously, on dropping a file (even a large file - less than 5GB) into a Creative Cloud folder on your desktop - the file would copy across locally and immediately start the sync process with the upload. There is no message to say 'Unable to Sync'.

You could monitor status through the Cloud Icon (just says Syncing).

Then, once all files are sync'd (uploaded successfully) the status on the cloud icon would be say All Files Sync'd.

The current issue I am facing suggests there are problems with Creative Cloud Server functionality. That is what Adobe support are supposed to be investigating, since the video file I am uploading meets all necessary criteria (eg size/file name/etc)

When I have some answers from Support on the problem I am facing I will post here which might help other people.

Finally - I would add that using Microsoft One Drive to upload a file of over 4GB is much faster than Creative Cloud, and for the moment I am using that method to distribute the completed Video File.

Unfortunately you need to have another subscription to do that of course.

All input on this to help resolve it is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines