Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Storage: Local vs. Cloud

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I moved all of my files to Adobe Creative Cloud where I have 4TB of space, from a local server at work. I use a PC at home, and one at work. Both of the PC's are now nearly inoperable because they have various errors regarding not having memory, etc. It seems that all I've done is move all the files from the server to the PC hard drives?

Can I move the files to Cloud Documents? Or, can I delete the local copies? This is all very confusing/

Thanks.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc storage is not intended for file storage and when you try it use as file storage/backup, you're going to have problems/disappointments sooner or later.  cc storage is for file sharing, and yes, it is confusing.

Learn about the benefits and usage of cloud documents (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use cloud storage for anything

I use a Sata docking station and several 'bare' drives for backup
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Buy 2 docks and carry drives back and forth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, in Adobe world, "cloud" only means file sharing, not longterm file storage. I still use Dropbox when I need cloud-only file storage. I'm a production manager for a newspaper. All employees use a desktop computer (in the office) where there is plenty of file space and a laptop (to work remotely which is very common these days)—our laptops do not have a lot of space for local files. In order to make sure everyone's laptops will not fill up and stop functioning, I have to archive all our files monthly onto Dropbox. Thankfully, Dropbox has Smart Sync which allows me to designate files from past issues to become cloud-stored only until someone needs an old file again. Once I copy past newspaper issues into Dropbox, I can delete them from Creative Cloud. Dropbox works great for archiving, and retaining space on everybody's laptops. I wish Adobe would have thought of a cloud storage/archive solution, and maybe called their app something less confusing like Creative Share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Peru Bob 

excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines