• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Creative Cloud Sync?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to disable the sync functions on my Creative Cloud account without affecting the files for my other team members. 

Long story short, I had to work from home for a few days, so I logged into my corporate Adobe Creative Account. It automatically created the sync folder onto my local desktop. Only problem, it's taking up a ton of hard drive space and I need to get rid of these files from my PC but keep them on the shared folders. 

Now I know that if I pause syncing, I can delete the files and it won't affect my colleagues also using the synced files from their PCs, but I'm terrified that if I delete them and then eventually start the sync process again (accidentally or intentionally), it's going to delete all of these required work files. How can I prevent that from happening? 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching us. We're here to help. 

Cloud storage syncs your files, folders, Creative Cloud Libraries, and assets across connected devices through your Creative Cloud account. Files available within your Creative Cloud Files folder are automatically synced to the Creative Cloud website. similarly, uploading a file to the Synced files section of the Creative Cloud website or to a mobile app syncs it to the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop.

You can either change the location of the sync location to an external hard drive or pause syncing via the Creative Cloud Desktop software to stop taking up space on your hard drive. Please check this article for more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/set-sync-options.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tarun - my problem is that I do *not* want file sync to upload all of the photos in my iPhoto account. It ate up all of my cloud storage. I only want to upload photos on an as-needed basis. Why would Adobe not have an option to turn off photo syncing? Several apps that I have installed on my iPhone or Mac have that option. If I pause upload of photos, I get all kinds of error messages, alerting me to the pause. Then there's the issue of the gigabytes of photos that were already uploaded. I want to delete them from Creative Cloud, but have this fear that if I do, it'll attempt to delete them from iPhoto (which happened in the past). What are our options here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines