• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! How can I clear the sync "queue" for Adobe CC????

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several days ago, I went on the Adobe CC Market and clicked, "ADD TO LIBRARIES" for a ton of files, not realizing that Adobe CC would be stuck trying to sync these files for days. It is loading indefinitely. It will say something like, "Syncing 1 of 24 (40 hours left)". The hours left will constantly change, but it will always be at 1 of 24.

This is very stressful, because there are Adobe Stock files that I will need to sync in the next few days that are high priority for the project that I am working on. However, I will not be able to sync these high priority files in a timely fashion, as they will be sitting in the queue behind these Market files that I don't even need right now.

I tried letting the files sync. This had a huge impact on my internet usage and performance, slowing down my browsing to the point of pages loading indefinitely.

I know that I can turn down the Transfer Speed under Preferences, but I don't want to do that, as I need to get this process over with as soon as possible. But at the same time, I still need to use my computer for daily tasks.

I opened up InDesign and tried Deleting all the files that had the "syncing" icon/gif spinning. I thought that this would clear the queue. But there are still eight files that I can't find in any of my libraries that Adobe CC is trying to sync.

I tried leaving my computer on all night to sync the files overnight. Today, to my dismay, I saw that the files that had been partially synced (i.e. downloaded - they had part files that were between 73-87 MB) were now starting all over from scratch at 0KB (!!!) IDK why, could be because my computer went to sleep and that interfered with the transfer somehow...

I tried customer support. Everything that they told me to try (logging in and out of Adobe CC, deleting the files from assets.adobe.com) were things that I already tried and didn't work. I can't see the files on assets.adobe.com either. The only trace of these files are the ._gstmp files in my Creative Cloud Files/Market Downloads directory. I tried deleting these files after shutting off everything and restarting my computer. As soon as I start Adobe CC back up, it starts trying to sync these files again. It created eight new ._gstmp part files... ugh!

Mysteriously, InDesign displays names for the libraries that it is trying to sync to. The files don't show up in the libraries with the sync icon. These are the libraries that I deleted the files from.

The customer service rep tried to make it seem like this is an issue with my computer. This is not an issue with my computer. This is a terrible user experience with Adobe CC, that there is no obvious way for me to clear the queue of files to sync. This should be an easy thing to do at the click of buttons, not with workarounds trying to delete part files or log in and out, etc.

Please, can someone help me? Is there a solution that I've overlooked? If I can't solve this problem quickly, I may have to get my images from a third-party stock library instead of Adobe Stock so that I can get them in time. I really don't want to do this if I can avoid it.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

If anyone is having the same problem, here's how I resolved it.

After exhausting customer support (who, despite their efforts, were not able to help), I solved the problem by permanently deleting all my Market Downloads and all my Libraries from my online Adobe account.

(Note - if you just delete the Market Downloads, your Adobe account will actually archive them first. You must them find the directory in your account online where they are archived and delete them a second time.

At this point, the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone is having the same problem, here's how I resolved it.

After exhausting customer support (who, despite their efforts, were not able to help), I solved the problem by permanently deleting all my Market Downloads and all my Libraries from my online Adobe account.

(Note - if you just delete the Market Downloads, your Adobe account will actually archive them first. You must them find the directory in your account online where they are archived and delete them a second time.

At this point, the site will prompt you if you really want to permanently delete the items, as this step cannot be undone. Click okay if you're okay with that.)

Next, I restarted Adobe CC and turned the sync feature back on. I could see it deleting all the Market Downloads in my local directory. Once it was done deleting, I got the following message:

Capture.PNG

Sweet! Eternal endless syncing ten-million assets finally gone!

Adobe CC only deletes the files, so they are in your recycling bin. If you choose to pull them out and use them, keep them out of your Market Downloads folder (where they were deleted from). Let Adobe CC manage that folder to avoid any new issues going forward.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines