Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Disable file sync?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I Want to disable File sync in Adobe creative cloud desktop.

It would be greate if u provide a document to disable file sync.

kindly help me to disable file sync in creative cloud desktop.  

Thanks & Regards,

Prasanth 

[Title edited for question clarity and future forum search... Mod]

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Open the CC DTA and click the Cloud Icon in the tool bar (Upper right hand side of the window) Then Click the Pause icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Dont rage at adobe as an IT/Software admin you shoud familiarize youself with the tools you have at your disposal.

If you have a Team or Enterprise account you should build a deployment package with all these options disabled. (Admin Console > Packages)

This creates a file at 

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ServiceConfig.xml
Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml

You can also edit this manually to disable app installation, updates,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the CC DTA and click the Cloud Icon in the tool bar (Upper right hand side of the window) Then Click the Pause icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled sync, but Creative Cloud gives me a "File syncing error" everytime I start my computer and the red dot stays on the taskbar icon. Any ideas on how to stop this "error"? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this turn it off permanently? Or will it restart when I restart my computer for example? 

If not, how do you turn it off permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You have completely missed the point. I don't want to pause it; I want to completely disable it. I already have a cloud share that I am required to use for my work projects. Adobe's default cloud sync behavior completely screws up my source control, my workflow, my file history, and my time management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find out how to do it? I have same scenario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the answer, you need to edit or create the ServiceConfig.xml file.

This can disable/enable many functions in Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the obvious flaws in that "solution":
a.) I should be able to uncheck a box at install time to disable this "feature," not have to hack an undocumented XML file. Nor should I have to have a Team or Enterprise account.
b.) Neither ServiceConfig.xml nor the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ exist anywhere on my Windows machine, which makes me wonder if anyone has actually tested that "solution."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not disable file sync it just pauses it. How do you remove Creative Cloud file sync? I have cloud services through another provider, I don't want the service running, and I don't want the CC share shown on my file browser. In previous versions of CC you could disable but this feature has been removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all honesty it doesn't look like you can shut it off entirely but I created a dummy folder with nothing in it to keep it from actually running anything when I do have to restart.  I figured this would be an easier path than trying to remember to pause it constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update on this to turn it off? Seems odd to only have a pause option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud running on two devices. I use one device for Photoshop where I also utilize Creative Cloud syncing for PSDs, etc. On the other device I use Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition for video editing. This computer has limited internal space and I use an external SSD for all project files. I do not want my Creative Cloud files syncing to this computer or to it's eternal SSD. I currently have valuable space taken up by Creative Cloud files on my video computer but I do not want to remove the files from the cloud just so they don't sync to this device. I need the ability to select what device does and doesn't sync to be added to the CC app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to pause sync on the device you don't want it to sync on.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also turn off notification under syncing preferences to stop it from notifying you that there's an error whening syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the world is this automatically on? We have a corporate account and all are struggling with Adobe and have for the past year on all these updates these morons continue to push and do NOT tell anyone. I have over 35 people using the cloud. Why is this NOT communicated effectively to your customers?! This is poor practice! Turn this off or tell each person "Heads up, Sync is on. You can turn this off here." Its not like Adobe doesn't already do this for Turn on Adobe as the default PDF! Pause is not a fix either. I want a disable, yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont rage at adobe as an IT/Software admin you shoud familiarize youself with the tools you have at your disposal.

If you have a Team or Enterprise account you should build a deployment package with all these options disabled. (Admin Console > Packages)

This creates a file at 

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ServiceConfig.xml
Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml

You can also edit this manually to disable app installation, updates, cloud sync etc.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/enterprise/using/customize-creative-cloud-app.html#using-service-config

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Censoring obvious issues without fixing them isn't the solution. I have enough staff members who are super annoyed at these changes from their cloud without proper communication on these changes.  Cloud crashes once a month here. Half the time these users have to uninstall Adobe fully and reinstall it. 4 GB at a time. It's not just their sync issue I'm complaining about. Adobe is pushing out updates without any other option to the USER themselves. Why the hell would I chase Adobes Software Development teams tails when they're just doing it because their bored? The toggle option is not there anymore because they continuously change crap around. Hell, they continously change where to download their software on their page like it's becoming a riddle. Keep it in one area so end users don't get confused. FYI I have used the tools in our Remote Desktop solutions and ah users have the same issues I just described so your solution is a moot point but thanks anyways for your mild solution to a bigger issue at hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying it can be turned off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I work for an organization where they gave the creative cloud account. 

I want to pause the sync of them & want to do my personal works on that during weekends. Later after finishing up the work. I just want to re enable the sync but it should be completely non traceable of my previous personal works.

Ps. This is macbook they gave for working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread should be marked as UNSOLVED. Disabling is not the same as pausing. Removing notifications is not the same as solving the pesky service running that generates those notifications. There are so many scenarios, a good portion of which is already listed on this thread, that necessiate the option to REMOVE or DISABLE the Creative Cloud service. Mine fits one of the posters'... I use a Macbook as the secondary computer I use Photoshop on when I'm on the go and I do not wish to sync any larger and irrelevant files that I keep on my main desktop system I do video on. Does anybody have a real solution other than looking at a different direction and pluggin one's ears?

P.S. We used to have the option to turn ON or OFF the CC sync service, not just PAUSE until the next restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines