Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove permanently CCFF on mac finder favorites sidebar? [Aug 2015]

Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone I am trying to remove Creative Cloud Files Folder shortcut to my finder favorites but every restart its coming back. Click on mouse right side and choosing remove from sidebar and its removed but every restart come back. Its really annoying. How to remove permanently?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me three - this has started happening on my MacBook Pro and is supremely annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same boat, no fix found yet..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jayden Lampasi 

did you try mcsanborn's suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me. I've been using CC on a Mac for years, and it's not been an issue. Everytime I log in CC has added a shortcut I don't want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FatherThames 

did you try:

mac:

copy any important file to another folder and then delete Creative Cloud Files + <account type> + <profile_name> + <email> + <GUID> (for example: Creative Cloud Files Personal Account email@abc.com ####@AdobeID).

default location, Mac HD/Users/<Username>/Creative Cloud Files

windows:

Open the registry editor (regedit.exe) & naviagate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace You'll probably have two sub-keys. OneDrive's sub-key will be nameed '{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}' Delete the other one, that will be Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this helps, but I seem to have fixed the problem by uninstalling the Creative Cloud App entirely. I am only using Acrobat on my iMac and had been under the impression that, because the CCA was installed together with Acrobat, you couldn't get rid of it without getting rid of Acrobat. That turned out to be untrue. You can. And the issue with the sidebar went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started happening to me too past couple days. What is happening? Why is there no solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There IS A SOLUTION which was outlined by MCSanborn on Feb 8. MC's solution worked for me — with the caveat that I am still using Big Sur 11.7.10. I hope this same solution works on other versions of the OS.

I'm a bit cautious because with later versions Apple (who is a egregious as Adobe and every other developer these days IMHO) has made some changes to the way things work. With their iCloud drive — which I have NO DESIRE to use or want — has been littering files in my Documents folder. And Dropbox is now in some protected place on later versions. There's some eff-ery going on that is NOT user friendly. Not necessarily relevant to this discussion, but something to watch for. And if other users on later OS versions than Big Sur cannot recreate MC's solution, please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not the only one right now trying to fix this. Driving me crazy past couple days. Can't find a solution anywhere. Only thing I found was the link posted here about removing it from Windows but there is nothing about removing it on Mac. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as of early Feb 2024.

Favourites should be my selection... why is this folder (with an absurdly long name) inviting itself to that list?

robs77789544_0-1707297768767.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really adding much to the convo, except I'm dealing with this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what mine looks like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same nuisance for me as of Feb 8, 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember reading recently that CC was no longer going to be syncing files anymore (or something like that). This article is (up)dated three days ago: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

I located the offending folder from the sidebar in Finder. It was located in my user folder (Macintosh HD > Users > me). For me, there were only two files in it (one was called _Cloud documents) since I rarely ever used the file sync feature. I just deleted the folder which was named the same as the extremely long name in the sidebar. The "favorite" vanished instantly and did not return after a restart.

I hope this helps/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm this was the answer. Mine disspeared immediately as soon as I deleted this whole folder. Thank you! Will update if it comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this seems to work now. I've nuked this folder before and on restart it's always come back, but this time it seems to be gone. Thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this tip!!!! I'll find out tomorrow after I restart again. I really wish Adobe's engineer's would stop acting like they know what I want as a user!!!!!!! It's bad enough we have to pay so much and get so much effing grief from them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, just started about a week ago. I have not updated any Adobe apps (PS, ID etc.), so this must have been a Creative Cloud App update as this was the only thing set to auto-update. I have deleted the folder as MCSanborn says and turned off CC App auto-update. Why do Adobe keep messing with things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every day I click to remove the finder, and it always comes back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jakub KaÅ¡párek 

did you follow mcsanborn's suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue now too, It only started happening about a month ago at the most, it is so annoying, I don't need it in my favorites bar, I already have it on my top tab, I have tried a few things suggested, but it still keeps coming back. I am on Mac, I run Sonama, but that wasn't updated or anything when it started happening. Does anyone have a fix for Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nikki24079644p6x2 

mac:

copy any important file to another folder and then delete Creative Cloud Files + <account type> + <profile_name> + <email> + <GUID> (for example: Creative Cloud Files Personal Account email@abc.com ####@AdobeID).

default location, Mac HD/Users/<Username>/Creative Cloud Files

windows:

Open the registry editor (regedit.exe) & naviagate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace You'll probably have two sub-keys. OneDrive's sub-key will be nameed '{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}' Delete the other one, that will be Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked out a permanent solution to this issue. Simply right click on the offending Adobe folder in the sidebar and select "Show in Enclosing Folder" then move the Creative Cloud folder to the trash. Empty trash. Reboot and volia. It should not appear in your sidebar any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

others beware of @SolutionD suggestion.  you may want the files in that folder.  if so, move them before deleting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and so far I haven't seen it return. Seems to have worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines