• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is Behance / Adobe Portfolio kinda dead?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, not sure if this is the right place to discuss this but I haven't found any official "Behance" related thread, or discussion.
Anyway, I've been a long-time Behance user, since 2011, and it used to work great both for portfolio services and engagement/discovery purposes.
Now, after the Adobe acquisition, it seems that the whole platform not only hasn't evolved or upgraded but its engagement rate and utility have been decreasing.
Here are some points I have been noticing and I'd like to hear your opinion about:

• Behance communities have been discharged.
    There are no "Portfolio Reviews" anymore, and the local communities (mostly on Facebook) are not supported anymore. I talked with a (previously) Behance Ambassador and he told me Adobe stopped to support Behance Communities.

• Poor web tools and performance.
    The project-building tool to upload new projects seems stuck in the 2010s.
    Besides the extremely poor font choice, the whole customization tool is way too simple.
    We cannot resize images once uploaded. (Only full screen if more than 1400px, which usually is inconvenient for square images, for instance).
    The Gallery tool is not responsive, or it's totally random.
    I had galleries of 2 images keeping the same look on mobile (displaying the images very small) but also galleries of 4 images generating a 3-image line and a single artwork full screen (???).
    Also, everything looks slightly enlarged and blurry. I had to resize an image to 1000x1000 because it was displaying too big and it's still big but blurry? The only option to have a proper quality is to have them bigger than 1400 and then automatically resize to 1400 (but, again, that might be too big for a Desktop view).
    This also affects Adobe Portfolio, if it is used.

• The discovery process was much easier before.
    I loved the good old "Following" and "Featured" simple tabs.
    Now, everything looks over-complicated to me with the "For you" area that has videos, hashtags, another sub "for you" page, and the "following" one. (which is the only one I care about)
    Sometimes I found my own projects suggested to me in the "for you/for you" tab 🙂
    Is it too much to see that people barely pay attention to anything?

It's a pity because I love Behance, I used it for so long, but there is no decent alternative today and I always considered it the main space for creative people to share their projects and get proper feedback and work proposals. I'd love to switch my current Cargo Collective portfolio to Adobe Portfolio but the poor customization tools make me give up. The impression I get is that Adobe just doesn't care about it anymore since there is no alternative.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the right spot to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Behance and Portfolio have other support areas

Behance help https://help.behance.net/hc/en-us

Try the several Portfolio links inside this link
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/getting-started-with-adobe-portfolio/td-p/14151446

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With over 50 products & services, Adobe have a lot of fish to fry.  Sometimes hard choices have to be made about how to best allocate resources.  Adobe Live streamed events on Behance have taken a front seat.

Times change.  People's tastes change.  It comes with the territory.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines