• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layout Software

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to find the best ad layout software for the weekly newspaper I work for. Does adobe offer anything specific? In the past we have used AdForce X. I'm looking for all options. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2024 Sep 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JenniferNantucket 

I use InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. For one-page ads, I would go with Illustrator, which is a vector application. The text will remain crisp and editable and images can be placed onto the artboard. You can use Save As to save in vector formats .ai, .pdf, or .svg and can export to raster formats such as jpeg and png.

Photoshop excels at editing images, and the strength of InDesign is for longer documents.

You can get a 7-day free trial (which converts into an annual subscription if you don't cancel). 

Note that there is a learning curve to each. LinkedIn Learning has video tutorials. For printed guides, use Classroom in a Book.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your response. I use the entire creative suite for designing ads. That's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for info on what programs/apps people use to "dummy" the page layout of an entire publication. Not just the individual ads.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm looking for info on what programs/apps people use to "dummy" the page layout of an entire publication.

By @JenniferNantucket

Some of us use paper and a pencil to sketch out the layout before we go to the computer.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines