Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems synchronizing Adobe creative cloud files diskspace

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a question about synchronizing to Adobe Cloud.

I use two laptops on the same adobe account. Laptop 1 has 2 TB disk of capacity. Laptop 2 has just 512Gb capacity.

When I synchronize, let’s say, 700Gb of files between 'laptop 1’ and the Cloud, than the other laptop, 'Laptop 2’ wants to synchronize those 700Gb.
Because of the limited disk space this will not work and give back an error of 'insufficient disk space'

That’s why I don’t want all the files to be synchronized with 'Laptop 2’ but it does, because I’m using the same account on both laptops.
Today I synchronized 50Gb of files to Adobe Creative Cloud Files from 'Laptop 1' and those files were automatically put on ‘Laptop 2’ what I absolutely don’t want to happen. 

Services like Stack (TransIP) gives me the opportunity to make a selection which files I like to synchronize to my laptop and leave the rest stored in the cloud. That’s what I like.

Is there a way to make a selection which files I want to synchronize from the cloud to 'Laptop 2’?
Can I delete the synchronized files from 'Laptop 2’ so I can locally create some space or will I loose these files in the cloud as well and than be lost on ‘Laptop 2'?

Please give me a solution or advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe file syncing is designed to share files with other users or share with yourself on different computers. it's not intended for cloud file backup.  ie, use a different solution for back-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JK-82,

Unfortunately the feature you describe is not available but you could just pause sync in the Creative Cloud desktop app preferences on Laptop 2. You could still access/download synced files individually there too online at https://assets.adobe.com/files

Selective sync is a popular feature request, please add your vote and comments here:
https://creativecloud.uservoice.com/forums/923269-other-sections-feature-request-or-feedback/suggest...

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines