• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"CCX Process" and "CCLibrary" causing 100% CPU load and max fan speed in 16" MacBook Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded to MacOS Big Sur, I've encountered an issue when starting up my computer that the CPU load is at 100% and the fans are running at maximum speed. The Activity Monitor shows that the culprit are two Adobe CC-related processes, something called CCXProcess and CCLibrary. The only way to stop this is to Force Quit the processes otherwise the CPU load and overheating will continue as long as my laptop is on.

Is this a known issue and is there any fix yet?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Hi Leo,

CCXProcess team has released the update with a fix. It should be CCXProcess 4.1.3 - you can check the version in CCD -> Help -> About Creative Cloud.
Please, let us know if you got an update and if the problem is gone!

Thank you!
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

So I wanted to offer a little update on my situtaion:

I have identified the exact culprit in my specific case. I understand that a lot of the responses to this thread are not describing the exact same situation that I'm in.

The problem in my case was caused by AdGuard. AdGuard is an app that blocks ads and trackers and malware across your entire Mac. A couple months ago, I uninstalled it because I was planning on cancelling my subscription to it. It was around this time that I noticed I was no lo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

I have informed adguard developer team about this issue. They are trying to fix this issue.

You can use this link about the issue:

https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-causes-creative-cloud-services-running-100-cpu-big-sur.42484/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We don't really face this on our side, neither our users reported the same. Could we please ask you to get details for us? Sending you a DM.

Thank you,
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,
I'm experiencing the same.
Is there any solution for this? This program after Big Sur is drying my battery out in more than 50% than it used to take until it's empty.Captura de ecrã 2021-01-07, às 10.53.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please gather Logs using Log Collector and post Logs ID here? That would be helpful to investigate and fix the problem.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing CCXProcess at 99%-ish all the time. I've got version 4.1.3.1 of CCXProcess (and Big Sur).

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.20.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 here. 16" MacBook Pro running the latest version of Big Sur and CC. 100% CPU usage with CCXProcess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know I'm not the only one.

I sent off some diagnostic information to Adobe. Hope I will get an answer or a fix. 

I tried uninstalling and re-installing Creative Cloud but the problem repeated itself. No fix yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing the same here. Mcbook Pro 2019 13 inch.Captura de ecrã 2021-01-07, às 10.53.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying to this thread. This is definitely a software issue as it appeared with the Big Sur update.

My only option is to force quit CCXProcess every time I start up my laptop.

I have not been given a solution yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tonyarmendariz37 @Hugopalma 
Just got an update - CCXProcess team has identified the issue and actively working on releasing the fix as soon as possible. Will keep you updated once the fix is out.
Thank you for your patience!

Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Mariia, this will make a huge difference in battery life and computer performance. Let us know when the fix is out. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any new information?

-- 

Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leo,

CCXProcess team has released the update with a fix. It should be CCXProcess 4.1.3 - you can check the version in CCD -> Help -> About Creative Cloud.
Please, let us know if you got an update and if the problem is gone!

Thank you!
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this fix also address the sign in loop issue? I've been dealing with that since September.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This particular fix addresses only one issue related to high CPU usage by CCXProcess. 
Could you please clarify on sign in loop issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Marie 

I'm still facing the same issue although having the latest updateScreen Shot 2021-01-13 at 4.38.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting, I am sending you a Private Message with the details - if you could provide the details, it would help us to investigate and fix as soon as possible.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mariia,
I'm not able to find the version. Can you be more specific where to find this?

Thank you.

Hugo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hugo,

The update should be automatically triggered via your CCD Application. If you still haven't got it, try to log out and log back in.

Thank you,
Mariia 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mariia I had this to be updated and I did it, is that included in any of these?
Captura de ecrã 2021-01-13, às 23.35.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CCXProcess update installs automatically via your CCD Application, so there is no need to do anything particular in order for the update to be installed onto your machine. 
You can check the CCXProcess version in CCD Help -> About Creative Cloud. The latest version is 4.1.3.

If you still have the previous version, you can try to log out and log back into CCD, so the updates are triggered. 

Please, let me know if that makes sense.

Thank you,
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem with big sur and macbook 16

I have the latest release CCXProcess but the problem is not fixed. 

It is very annoying to terminate ccxprocess everytime 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Can AKILTOPU Could you please take a sample of the CCX Process when it is using a lot of CPU and send them to me? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines