• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Ubuntu/Linux

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, you have great products, but you force me and many people to uninstall and go to different services (XD for example has very good alternatives), Why? because of worst app that comes with adobe products, Adobe Desktop Service and Updater, why???? can anyone tell me why do I need updater and 16 other processes to be running on my Status bar and activity monitor all the time, I haven't used Adobe products for more than 2 weeks, but still receive tons of notifications about updates, etc? I'm not a designer or whatever, I'm a software engineer and I need only one single app, you could just have updater included in application and whenever I run it'll update, why do I need 16 running processes? I had presentation and it literally failed presentation, a notification appeared as always, I tried to hide it and it appeared so many times I accidentally clicked on it and it started updating and I couldn't exit using Command+Q and I had to open activity monitor and kill processes manually and 27 people had to watch me doing all that because of your bad ideas of having heavier updater than actual applications most of the time. even when I write the code, it disturbs me so much, I'm trying to think about work and it keeps notifying me again and again and again. I have disabled "Launch Creative Cloud at login" it still runs 16-25 processes and it still opens and runs notifications anyway. this is how my activity monitor looks like at this moment:

Adobe CEF Helper (5 processes running)
Adobe Desktop Service (1 process running)
Adobe Installer (1 process running) <<< can anyone tell me why do I need installer running when nothing is installed at this moment?
AdobeCRDaemon (8 processes running)
AdobeIPCBroker(1 process running)
Do you guys think this is ok? overall just adobe has 16 processes running at this moment, and I don't have any adobe apps running, it's just Adobe Desktop Service that runs some useless processes and wastes laptop battery and CPU, Adobe CEF helper most of the time uses 1-5% CPU power as I see in activity monitor, why? who needs all those processes? do you really think this is ok? come on... that's so bad experience. 

I'll post this in several places, you can ban me, I don't care. I just want you to see this post, at least fix "Launch Creative Cloud at login" and add Quit Application option, or something when we don't need it when I need adobe products, I'm okay to have this processes running if those are helping your apps, but I don't need and nobody needs them when there are no adobe apps running. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're not the first person to complain about all the background services running; you probably won't be the last. You're politer than most, at least.

It won't do you any good to post here about this. The "Adobe Support Community" is not frequented by the Adobe developers or their managers, who are the ones who design and write/maintain the software. We're users like you, and we have no way to contact the developers to tell them this irritates the users and no power to make them change their ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines