• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synced files going - surely an error?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, I realise this is happening, and I need to find an alternative. But it's a shock to be losing what, for me, is a major feature of CC. And I just got the email this morning, so might be late to the party.

I've always been a stickler for keeping all files related to a project in one place - images, graphics, Word and Excel files - soi the sync folders have been great. Where I need to link things (like a data merge), I know it will work in the office and when I get home as its synced. This is the stuff that is problematic, and not just about learning a new way of working. Sure, it might be a bit old school, but it's still relevant. How do I make sure image links still work on a different machine?

The thing is, sync works. I can add a file and it's on my mac at work, my mac at home, and available on my phone (great for making social posts.) It's a good part of what I feel I have been paying for, and helps justify the annually increasing fees. Actually, it's kept me from cancelling my account and getting one paid for by my employer.

But now I need to go and find someone else to pay for less functionality. Which is less than ideal.

Just a bit annoyed by the email this morning.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for others, the op is referring to one of these,

for enterprise and teams, https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/eol-cc-synced-files-for-business-plans.html

for individual subscribers, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Creative Cloud Libraries is a good alternative for sharing assets online across different apps, users, or systems, and is widely supported throughout Creative Cloud...

From the FAQ:

Is there an alternative to Creative Cloud Synced files, which is being discontinued?

For Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fresco users, cloud documents are the solution for saving, sharing, and collaborating on creative work in progress. Creative Cloud Libraries are the best way to save and share design elements across applications and users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dang, it's indeed a pity that this service is disappearing from Adobe's cloud workflow offerings. And you're not old school at all. In fact, you've been one of the relatively few users who have been understanding and using this service properly !

The other Adobe cloud services are only concerned about storing typical documents cloud-only from certain applications (like Photoshop and Illustrator), and then there's Adobe Creative Cloud Libraries, which is about syncing cloud-based design elements in projects (in stead of having files in folders) among almost all popular Adobe applications.

There's no Abobe branded alternative for exactly this file syncing approach, but there are many other brands offering similar services, even quicker, more robust, and with more useful features to be honest. The elephant in the room is of course DropBox, but there are also Google Drive, MS Drive, Apple iCloud, etcetera. Yes, they'll cost you an extra subscription, but you can try them all out for free, with a fair amount of storage space. And they all are also available through web interfaces, local folders on desktops and laptops, their own mobile apps, and even Apple's Files viewer on iOS-devices.

Personally, I like DropBox the best. It's super-speedy (due to their unique technology) and you can edit a lot of file types directly in their viewer on mobile devices. But I also like Google Drive's feature to be able to search inside files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the alternatives. What frustrates me is that the Creative Cloud price went up again, and now they are removing a service that I use a lot, meaning I will have to find and most likely pay for an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dang79978553 

consider a usb drive or external hard drive.  they have advantages (and disadvantages) compared to online file storage services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just justified the time I will need to take for me and my team to learn Davinci Resolve. I've been astonished that everytime I run into an error, I find a fix online that is 5 years old. Adobe never learns.

If I didn't need Photoshop I would cancel my CC subscription. Now that I feel I'm being held hostage, I will look into other image editors as well.

Adobe, I've been using and teaching your products since 1990. You've finally pushed me too far. Goodbye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KymLaroux 

these are user forums.

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts exactly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines