• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are located the Creative Cloud files created in CC Apps when I choose to work offline?

Participant ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. 

As the title asks, where are the files stored locally? 

If i download a file to work offline, where does the correspondent app stores the file? 

Lets say i'm working with a file in Photoshop and then i save it to the cloud. But im going to without internet so i decide to make it available offline. Where does Photoshop store that file? I can't find it anywere. 

The reason i'm asking this is because my company is "forcing" us to use the Creative Cloud files but i would like to keep a local copy of my files for backup purposes. Sure, i can save a copy online and another offline, but that's doubling the effort. If i know where the file is stored i can backup that folder. 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where you store them. ie, use save as.. and select your local location(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its an automatic process. I just select the "Make available offline always" on the file and the app (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) downloads the file and it's stored localy. I dont have to choose where. 

As i said in the original post, i can make a copy using the "save as" option but if the CC apps are already storing the files locally, it's a double effort and using the double space. I could only backup the folder to where the CC apps are downloading and storing the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open a saved filed, note the name and then search for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to find this out too, except I'm working in Illustrator.  I wanted to share file copies of a bunch of files from a project for escrow, so sharing isn't an option (I need the 'ai' file). These were all stored in creative cloud and available offline, so I assumed there would be file copies on my mac somewhere.

TLDR; offline files aren't stored in an easy to use way. I have to save copies of the files one by one, by hand, like it's 1999.

Long version:

I ran Illustrator and opened a file, then looked at the open files from Activity monitor, but it didn't reference anything recognisable (no 'filename.ai' file or anything).

I then found the Illustrator log file, for me at /Users/tim/Library/Logs/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator/28.5/Adobe Illustrator/ACPLLogs/ACPL__2024-06-01_09-27-15.960757Z_00.log as of time of writing. This contained a reference to a file that was constantly being written to called acpl.db, which my hex editor tells me is a sqlite database. I opened that with a sqlite tool and browsed around in side. The resource_revision table contains some interesting information - a bunch of files with the mimetye application/vnd.adobe.illustrator-native-fb-v2+zstd which appears to be the internal illustrator format, and and field called 'locator' which contains a file path reference that looks like blob/e2b/e2b68646-9a79-49be-b8e0-4b0ebb86c288.fb. The blob folder here references (for me) /Users/tim/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/cloudnative/DCX/(some-big-number)/1/v1/blob.  The '.fb' file extension doesn't reveal anything, it's not a native illustrator file, it's not a zip that I could tell, it seems to be some internal raw blob format that Adobe uses. Other files such as the file thumbnails are stored here too (in png format, I can see them). I know these are the files that Illustrator is writing to because the timestamp changes in time with changes I make in Illustrator.

Anyway, I gave up at this point after determining that Adobe have made it intentionally difficult to get your own work out of their suite - now that their useful creative cloud personal files thing has been shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines